Chapter ten

Matteo got that mother fucker out, I knew it would take a while and I welcomed it. I needed time. God knows if he was lying or if there really was a bomb in her. I wasn't fucking taking that chance. Dante is a tech genius. I trusted him and only him In this situation. I was fucking sick to my stomach hearing Xaviers words, his fucking plan for his daughter, I can only imagine what she is feeling right now. 

I burst into the study, Liam was guarding behind the couch, she was sitting up right, not crying, but not fully there either. Fuck.

I crouched down on the floor in front of her. I dismissed Liam to guard outside the door.

"Angel talk to me."

She didnt even look my way. I took the warm washcloth I brought and started to clear the snot from her face. She didn't move.

"Mia."

God dammit. 

"Please."

I said it. And it was well worth it because it caught her attention. Her eyes lifted over to mine and she looked so deflated it hurt. I wanted to torture and kill that motherfucker. 

"I-.... I-"

She couldnt form a sentence and I just nodded understanding she needed time, she fell into my shoulder, leaning her head there and I picked her up placing her down on the couch as I sat beside her. her hand was latched on to mine as she stared up at the ceiling.

"Did you know? T-That he was raising me for- for that."

I had a flash of anger that I quickly shot away, the fact she could think that.

"No never, not one fucking time. I was trying to stop him from opening the ring. That's why I was there the night I met you. I destroyed the ring once before, after I learned my mother was sold and killed in there."

She turned to look at me, pain and sadness etching across her face. 

"Mine was too. I- I always thought she died when she gave birth to me...But it was him all along, he lied to me, he controlled me. And I let him... I didnt even question it. I was stupid and naive you were right-"

"You shouldn't listen to me. But listen when I say you had nothing to do with him and his actions. Do you know why I call you angel?"

She blinked up at me and slowly shook her head.

"Because you're the only person I've ever met that is truly good. I didnt believe it at first, but you are kind, compassionate, trusting, and don't ever ask me to repeat that because I fucking won't."

A small smile appeared on her face before it vanished. I opened my mouth to say something else when the door opened.

"Dante is here sir."

I nodded my head and Dante came in, seeing the situation.

"Set her up and give me the controller."

I did as he said.

"Okay Mia?"

"Yea.."

"Did your father ever talk about a bomb, or anything placed in or on you, did he ever say something about a punishment or anything like that."

I saw her trying to think, I gave her hand a slight squeeze as if reassuring her it was okay, I shook off Dantes side glance I couldnt deal with his bullshit now. 

"I- I mean when I would do something wrong, he would always knock me in the side of the head and tell me to think, that my head would be the death of me, but I always thought it was cause I stared off into space."