Chapter eight

"If that thing throws up because of all the bacon your giving him, your cleaning it."

Diavolo grumbles from the other end of the table. How did he even see what I was doing? He had finally let Buddy come inside and he was drooling on my new silk white dress. I decided to feed him my extra pieces of bacon. And some eggs...maybe some fruit too..

"That thing is your dog, you know before you kidnapped me you adopted him. And you know all you had to do was ask me to see something in your car and I would have trusted you there was no need to scare and drug me. But I guess that's the mafia way, I mean what do you even do, how do you lead a mafia? And how could I never know what my father does?"

"Your giving me a headache."

He grumbled at me. I was back to rambling. I had started to piece things together. My fathers business meetings, his mysterious money transfers, even those damn balls. It all made sense now. I couldn't help but think how dangerous my father could be. Was he a murderer like the man I have been eating breakfast and dinner with? What has he done? And what did he do for Diavolo to have to kidnapp me. 

I thought back to previous memories. Trying to search for some answers and It hit me.

"Im not looking for your dirty money, nor do I need it. You know what this is about. Your daughter for your new...company."

A company? It must have been code, If business meant mafia, then what the hell was a company? 

As soon as Diavolo left for the day, I decided to figure this out. I was bored out of my mind, and this seemed like the best root. I pushed aside the mental thought that my father still hadn't said anything about getting me back. I couldnt think about that now. 

Today I would find out why I was kidnapped, what my father did that was so bad. And maybe learn about his men that came to try and save me. If I could help them I would. Despite what the consequences would be if Diavolo found out, Ive been less and less afraid of him as time went on. That's the scariest part of all.

"Are you out here everyday?"

"Yes Miss."

"Please call me Mia."

"Okay Mis- Mia."

"How much do you get paid for standing out here."

"I am not a will to say Mia."

"Hmm."

"It must be quite hot out here all day, does he at least give you breaks?"

"No Mia. Im sorry, I really can't be talking to you."

"Okay okay just one more question please?"

He nodded his head telling me to hurry up and ask it so he can get back to work. I had thought about this question before I had even gone outside, I just ended up getting distracted.

"What kind of company's do you buy in the mafia?"

"Companys?"

"Yes?"

"I don't know, Im just a guard, but im sure bosses would keep records and such in there offices- I shit."

"Thank you so much, no further questions."

"MIA!! shit."

I heard him briefly swear before I ran inside. I got all the way to the room I had been carried to and placed down in the other day. Right about to open the doors. Until I remembered it was locked. Dammit.