Chapter thirteen

I never thought- every- like in a million years- like if you had told me this a month ago I would say that you were absolutly crazy- Never Ever believed that I would be laughing with my two new friends in the living room of my captors house, drinking alcohol for the first time ever. 

Davina was so open and fun, I couldnt get enough of her endless stories. This was real girl talk. Carmen kicked all the boys out to go smoke a cigar in the study. Diavolo looked back to me before he left, a silent question in his eyes. I shot him a thumbs up and a slight smile and he turned to leave. I appreciated him wanting to make sure I was comfortable.

"Jesus Carmen we almost drank this whole bottle, good thing I brought two. Im not nearly drunk enough yet."

Carmen giggled sipping and spilling half of her wine, all over her dress. I was not too much of a wine fan so I sauntered over to the fridge, the girls hot on my heals.

"You need to get drunk, I feel the tension you need to let gooooo!"

Davina said looking through the cabinets pulling out many different bottles. Carmen had got the glasses set out. Everything looked so expensive I was worried they would break it. 

"Yes Dav is right, you need to find what you like is all, we know wine is a no. But there is whiskey, scotch, bourbon, tequila, vodka, seltzers, rose, ..... and oh beer, why the hell not well add it to the pile."

Before me was about 12 cups filled with different types of alcohol. I was stunned at how many types there were. I knew my father drank champagne. And that I was pretty sure Diavolo drank one of the dark liquors. But I- I didnt know anything about myself. 

"I spent so long being what he wanted. I want to discover what I want. What's first?"

The girls smiled. devious smiles. Oh boy.

After drinks and drinks, bathroom breaks and more drinks. I had settled on beer. It wasn't sweet or tangy like the others It was fizzy but also had a nice subtle flavor. The girls were shocked but I was in my own head. All and any worries flew away after the first sips. And I was now back on the couch with Davina not really sure how I got there.

"Well Carmens out. I knew as soon as Nick came out to check on her she would be a goner."

I laughed, I wonder where Diavolo was?

"What do you- Hiccup- think the boys areee doing in there?"

I stuttered out and Davina laughed.

"God only knows."

Enzo:

The smell of cigars and whiskey filled the room. Nick had since left with Carmen, and it doesn't take much of a genius to figure out what they are doing. It's just Matteo and me now. Talking about buissness and weapons.

"Do you believe in love?"

Matteo asks and I wonder if he's had one too many drinks. I am not here for this weird ass guy talk, but I indulge anyway.

"Love is all bullshit."

"Then how do you explain Nick and Carmen?"

That I couldnt do. I don't believe in love, but whatever they had.. it was special and I don't know what it is. 

"Go to bed, your getting to yourself."

Just then Davinas loud laugh sounded, and I could have sworn Matteos eyes lit up. God another one indulged in a woman. He was gone in the next minute.. I didnt hear Davina again and I can only assume they went off together- to do what I didnt know.