Chapter seventeen

Every single person I talk to and try and steal information from gives me some half assessed answer and then goes away. When I try to find them and try again, they're gone. Nick over the earpiece has said the same thing, him and Davina are having the same problem.

"I followed this guy for so long and then lost him, he had to have left"

Carmen says over the earpiece and then Damion spoke up.

"Nope, no one has left, we have been watching."

What the hell is happening- wait a fucking second.

"Carmen, what the fuck did you just say?"

The earpiece went silent, and just then I saw her scurry around a corner and meet my eyes. I scan around, Just her. No Mia.

"Where the fuck is she!?"

I say walking up so close I want to slam her into the godamn wall. I refrain myself knowing Nick would put a bullet in my head if I laid a hand on her. But fuck I was so god damn pissed right now. 

"Its fine she's at a bar and I told her to stay put."

"Jesus fucking christ, I once told her to be careful when she had a head injury and SHE CLIMBED AND FELL OUT OF A FUCKING TREE! YOU THINK SHES GOING TO STAY PUT?!"

I started to get loud drawing some attention. Nick and Davina made their way over and filled themselves in. I wasn't bothered because I had to get to Mia. 

"Where did you fucking leave her?"

Carmen was looking at the bar her eyes frantically scurrying around. My heart rate was quickening. She's fine, she is going to be here. She will be drinking water or some stupid drink like a Shirley temple, Yea I can see her drinking a shirley temple. 

"I- I don't know. She was just here..."

Red flashed in my vision but I pushed it aside. I had one thought that was stronger than cursing out Carmen. Finding her. 

"How fucking long?"

"What-"

"How long were you fucking gone Carmen?!"

"I- I don't know an hour max-"

I slammed my hand down on the bar, making the drinks near shake, anyone who was sitting down got up and left. Obviously not wanting to mess around with me right now. Smart idea. 

Its been 15 minutes. After we searched the whole godamn house, every single room. There was nothing. No sign of her. Damion and Matteo didnt see her leave so she is still here. I cling onto that. She is right here. Here.

It was just then that Matteo and Damion came into the room with Dante. We were all in this bedroom, regrouping. Carmen kept trying to apologize but I shoved her aside I couldnt fucking deal with her without snapping right now. Nick just told her to sit down, he knows not to fuck with me right now.

"Okay im pulling up the security tapes, there is nothing, no sign of her."

Dante says as Davina leans over to look at the screen. Not on flash of green. Fuck.

"I gave her a knife before I left.."

I almost told Carmen to get the fuck out.

"She won't use it, She is too good, someone will take advantage of that-  I need to find her. FUCK Im going back out."

"Wait look, from an hour ago she's here at the bar."

We all rush to the computer on the edge of the bed. It's Carmen she's drinking a- a fucking shirley temple. something in my hear squeezes and I make a note to tell my doctor, ive never had heart issues before....