Chapter 3: A Family Matter

He asked before he did anything with her, he loves doing things she loves. He lives for her, just as he'd die for her.

"C'mere, Shuntaro." Usagi sat up on her elbows, looking at him through halfway closed lids, "sit next to me."

He nodded curtly; sitting next to his comfort person, the one he wished to call his wife when all of this was said and done.

"What's on your mind?" Usagi questioned, looking over at him with that innocent love in her eyes.

He smiled in acknowledgement, "nothing." he rested his head down on her shoulder and she kissed his head.

"I don't believe that." she hummed, but said nothing more on the topic.

"Why not?"

She sat in a comfortable silence with Chishiya, not bothering to answer the door once it was knocked on, almost knocked over.

"What is it now?" he groaned; he didn't want to be in the company of anyone else.

"Open the fuckin' door, asshat!"

Niragi, seriously?

He only knew it was Chishiya's room, so he would be talking to him, right?

"Usagi! Open this door, you whore!"

Chishiya stood up as Usagi tried to get him to sit back down, not able to reply to the man outside the door. "Shun." she warned him.

She was a strong woman that could fight for herself.

But sometimes she liked seeing how protective her boyfriend could get. Don't blame her, she thought he was hot when he was upset.

"I can handle myself, Shuntaro." she said plainly, her tone cool as she pointed at the seat by the balcony.

He sat.

Usagi sighed, dreading to open the door.

She didn't have to, the more she thought about it. What would Niragi do if she refused? Nothing.

"You know," she spoke loud enough for the dreadful presence of Niragi to hear, "I don't have to do jack shit."

He snarled, banging his shoulder to the door; he was trying to break in. "let me in!"

Usagi sighed, "Why should I?"

She could feel Chishiya's eyes bore into her back, his eyes watching her every move carefully. She laughed at that, looking back at him for a split second, smiling.

Turning back to the door, amused at this situation. "You know Aguni is gonna have your head."

Chishiya, upon hearing the name of his girlfriend's favorite friend, chuckled.

"For what?!"

"For threatening his cousin."

Well that was a new revelation.

Usagi added swiftly, "I'll let him know you called me a whore, too." she paused for dramatic effect, "unless you leave now, and leave me and my h- my Chishiya alone. For good."