Chapter 11: Fuck it, We Ball

Judging by the look on Chishiya's face right now, Usagi knew they had somehow gone wrong. She was hidden behind him as he and two others confronted the Jack of hearts.

The two people, one being the business-man she tried to decipher earlier, cornered Matsushita. They were the predators and he was the prey.

"We should get out of here, Chish." Usagi tugged at his hoodie sleeve as she eyed the exit. He left, dragging her away with him. She felt like she could finally breathe again.

Oh, what a wonderful feeling for now.

"Let's go find-"

"Guys! Over here!"

Thank god, it was Kuina.

Usagi rushed to her friend, engulfing her in a hug. "Where were you?!"

Kuina was out of breath from running, she told them "King of Spades arena."

Usagi rolled her eyes, for dramatic effect, as her awkward smirk rose to her face. "Suck to suck, I guess."

Even in the face of certain death, Usagi had something to say.

"Don't even talk to me, missy." Kuina scoffed, still refusing to let go of Usagi's embrace.
Chishiya loved the scene, but they had to get going, and fast.

"Where are the others?" he had asked as he pulled his girlfriend away from the longing hug.

"We're all out looking for you guys; we already played most of the games."

Usagi grumbled how dumb it was of them, that they shouldn't have done it but she was glad they did.

Kuina smiled, "You're welcome."

"Whatever..." Usagi held back a smile of her own, "let's go find those idiots."

"And idiots we are."

Kuina and Usagi laughed it off, almost forgetting that they were heading to their own doom.