Chapter 21: Home at Last

"Well, I have to go, my nurse is probably looking for me."

Chishiya laughed; suddenly he felt alone again, even though someone else was in the room with him.

Usagi thought she knew him from somewhere, she could swear they knew each other, but she didn't remember anything.

Nobody remembered anything.

She felt at peace; something inside her had been put to rest. Her soul was not in turmoil anymore.

"I wonder if I actually do know him..."

"Know who?"

A friendly looking dread-headed girl asked her who she was talking to.

"Oh, nobody."

The girl laughed, "I'm Kuina, by the way."

Usagi smiled and introduced herself, "I think we're going to be good friends, Kuina."

"I think so too."

The rest of the day at the hospital, Kuina and Usagi talked and visited other patients like themselves, people who were impacted by the meteor.

As Kuina walked her new friend to her room, she asked one last time "who were you visiting?"

"Nobody." Usagi's shrug told Kuina nothing, other than she'd rather keep her new friend a secret.

"why do you care?" Usagi had no idea why her smile was so big or why her heart beat like a horribly paced drum.

Chishiya, walking his way to ask where his friend Usagi's room was, bumped into Kuina on the way back.

"Oh, hello."