Chapter 12: Bitchass Men and Their Bitchass Guns

The girls walked, Chishiya behind them, trying to find their way back. The only thing that found its way to his back, however, was a bullet.

It hit him so suddenly that he kept walking a few more steps until he collapsed. Usagi turned around instantly, and it was the worst sight she had ever seen.

"SHUNTARO!" the piercing scream rang across the otherwise empty town. "Oh, fuck, shit, fuck! Shuntaro!" she distressed, coming to his side, holding his face in her hands gently.

"No, no, no," she kept mumbling, hoping her pleas with the universe would stop the bleeding, "stop, stop, this isn't... no it's not real..."

"Oh my g- Chishiya!" Kuina stood, distanced behind Usagi.

"Look at me," Usagi demanded with a cry, "look, no..."

"Yuzu," he spoke in his soothing tone, despite being directly at death's door, "listen to me, Bunny."

Bunny. The sacred name; it was really just a play on her name's meaning, white rabbit, but it had meant so much to her.

"No," she said sharply, despite the tears and the broken voice, "you are not dying on me, not now."

"Don't forget me when you beat the games, my love." his voice was soft; not just that, it was weak. He was losing so much blood, and he knew it. His time was up.

"You." she said through gritted teeth and tearful eyes, "you are not dying."

He laughed, resting his forehead on hers gently, one final time. "I love you, did you know that?"

Oh.

Oh.

He was dying, Usagi finally realized; the desperation set in.

She kept repeating back her 'I love you too' to him, hoping, praying, wishing that he'd be okay.

Kuina tried pulling her back, but only got screams in response.

"NO!"

Kuina pulled away and let her friend grieve.

His eyes got droopy, "it's time," he told her.

He knew the last thing he was ever going to say, his last words, were going to be to her.

"I love you."

And like that, Shuntaro Chishiya was dead in his lover's arms.