Chapter 25: mind your business.

"Oh- yeah, sure..." Usagi's mindless response all but shocked the doctor.

"We'll get started in a moment, I need to check your vitals."

Usagi nodded– her mind was skimming through every memory she's ever had.

Nevermind worrying about her, she had the instinct to worry about him.

He was dying, Usagi finally realized; the desperation set in.

She kept repeating back her 'I love you too' to him, hoping, praying, wishing that he'd be okay.

Kuina tried pulling her back, but only got screams in response.

"NO!"

Kuina pulled away and let her friend grieve.

Oh my fucking god. That's where she knew him from?! From him dying in her arms?! No, it can't be true.. This can't be where the soul-bonding comes from. She felt so much, so heavily– she didn't know anything else.

All she knew was a dead Chishiya.

Wait... Kuina was there too? Does that mean she remembers at all?

Wait... is that what he meant by 'do you remember?' he knew all along.

"Excuse me, doc, I need to speak to someone."

"Yes? Who would you like to speak to?"

What was his first name?

"Shuntaro. Shuntaro Chishiya. Please." How in the world did that come so easy to her? The name rolled nicely off her tongue.

"He's a patient here, dear." The doctor checked her notes before looking back at her own patient.

"I- yeah, I know, ma'am... I just... I need to see him." The despair and devotion set in– more like hitting Usagi like a truck. Her breathing grew unregulated, and her hands were shaking beyond belief. She needed to talk to him– to ask him what the hell she had flashbacks to.

The doctor nodded.

Chishiya, despite all of this, was talking to Arisu. He had finally found him somewhere out in the hospital yard.

"You found her?"

Chishiya nodded– "found her first, this time." at least he could joke about it.

"Chishiya!" Where did Usagi come from? As she ran to him, he realized something– he had never believed in soulmates, until he found her.

She was the sun, he was the moon.

It's the moon that moves me– part of that quote was meant for her. Every move she made was in his name.

The sunlight makes everything so obvious. For him, Usagi made emotions so much easier. People were difficult to read, as were their tones, but Usagi made it all make sense.

"Huh? What are you doing here?"

She didn't know if she should hug him or slap him first.

"First of all..." Usagi started, "Who is he?"

"Mind your business." Arisu grumbled– what was his problem?