Chapter 20: Never Ending Story

Kuina sighed; she knew where this was going. "I know, honey."

"It's never gonna end, is it?"

"Actually..." Mira regretted her choice of word already; she hated this. "You... win."

"I win, do I?"

"Yes, you do, now get o-"

Mira's sentence, and sudden life, came to a halt. Usagi stuck the metal rod through her stomach.

"That's the end of that."

Now they won.

The voice in the clouds that had always asked the same question it always had; "would you like to continue these games, or quit?"

"God- fucking quit." Usagi.

"I think I'll quit." Kuina.

"Let me quit, please." Arisu.

"Finally, they did it. Quit." Niragi.

"I'd like to quit. And see Usagi again."

And so, they were finally released from this life and sent back to their own.

The lights were bright, so bright; and the monitor's beeping was making him restless.

Chishiya felt his heart ache, and it wasn't from the many tubes connecting to him. He didn't know why, however, until a woman in one of the hospital gowns walked into his room.

She blinked a few times, her silence was deafening.

He spoke up first; "have we met somewhere before?"

"I don't think so, no. why?"

"No reason..." he paused, "you just look familiar, I can't place it."

His mind had forgotten, but his heart still ached for her; just like he said it would.

"My name's Usagi."

"Chishiya."

"Nice to meet you."Usagi's smile reached her eyes.

"Nice to meet you too, Usagi." The name felt nice to say; almost natural.