Chapter 5: Jack Of All Trades

Bodies, blood, it was everywhere. Their friends were nowhere to be found either, Usagi just assumed they were hiding, or at a different game. Chishiya assumed the worst, but he wouldn't say anything about it.

"Shun." the urgency in her voice, it worried Chishiya the more they drove around, "where are they?"

"Not here," he said, barely above a whisper. He found a place to park soon, and they followed the directions; gone to a game, meet us there.

Unluckily for them, it was The Jack of Hearts game.

Objective:

Find the Jack of Hearts through all the lies.

All they had to do was figure out who the Jack of Hearts was, and what card symbol was locked to the back of the bomb-collar.

"Stay by me." Chishiya said to Usagi under his breath; he didn't want anyone else coming up to them.

Usagi nodded, silence ringing loudest in her mind. "What's my symbol, Chi?"

"Spade," he said quickly, "don't tell me mine yet."

"Wh-" she couldn't get another word in before someone walked up to them.

"Are you two paired up?"

Chishiya nodded curtly.

Usagi looked at her lover with that amused glint of hers, through her peripherals. She hated being in games with him for a multitude of reasons.

One, she hates seeing him as the cold and calculated man that people say he is, she knows better than that.

Two, there was always the possibility one or the both of them would die, and that would do them no good. Their goal was survival at the end of the day.

And lastly, the people that surrounded them always had an opinion about Chishiya. She knew her boyfriend was cute, but damn him for being attractive to everyone else.

The person walked away soon after, they deduced Usagi wasn't the Jack, it was something about her eyes glimmering when she looked at the blondie next to her.

Chishiya, to them, wasn't off the table however.

"What was that?" Usagi exhaled, relieved that they had a corner all to themselves in this hell of a prison. What a silly thought, Usagi grimly noted, they put us in an actual prison.

Chishiya sighed, "I didn't like his energy."

The strangest response, the one Usagi didn't expect to come out of her Surgeon boyfriend's mouth. I didn't like his energy.

"Who's energy do you like, then?"

He said "yours" so plainly, so obviously, that Usagi almost missed it.

She giggled to herself, and oh, was it an angelic sound for Chishiya to hear, he could listen to her laugh all day.

And that was his goal now; surviving came second to Usagi.

"What?" Usagi noticed him staring into the space of nothing; she anxiously looked to the clock, time was ticking and he still didn't know his symbol.

"Nothing," he said mindlessly. He turned his attention back to her, "how did I do it?"

"What do you mean?"

He was making no sense at all.

"How did I make you laugh?" he clarified, "and how can I do it again?"

Usagi let go of a breath she was holding that made her chest tight. "I don't know, you just do."

Chishiya shut his eyes for a moment, leaning back on the wall. Usagi gently brushed stray hairs from his face as she admired his calming look, something she knew he never was during games.

"People are going to think-"

She sighed, "Let them think whatever."

He hummed, eyes still closed, as he let her caress his face while she admired the smile forming on his face.

"Diamond, by the way."

Chishiya opened an eye, still relaxing, "huh?"

"Your symbol, Shuntaro." she said gently, "remember where we are."

His eyes shut again; he was dreading this game, but he knew they would make it. They trusted each other more than they trusted themselves at this point.