Chapter 15: Mad Hatter and The Queen

"Let's go." she decided to put down her metallic weapon, "what's the last game?"

"Queen of hearts."

Usagi was not fit to play the game, but would she go anyway? Of course, she owed it to Chishiya. "Arisu, you and..." she refused to look at or say Niragi's name, "you stay here, me and Kuins will do this game."

"We will?"

Usagi glared at her companion, "yes, we will."

Kuina shrugged off the almost evil look Usagi had on her face; she accepted her fate and she had expected Usagi to do the same.

"How's this game work anyways?" the dread-headed girl asked, to which she received no response. She looked over to Usagi; Kuina realized just then how much Chishiya meant to her friend. And now he was gone, at least until they clear this last game.

"I'm sorry, Usi."

Usagi looked over curiously, not bothering to say a word.

"I'm sorry for everything, I wish it was me instead."

Usagi turned away with a scoff, "I wish it was anyone else but you two."

She couldn't bring herself to say Chishiya's name but Kuina knew what she wanted to say. She nodded, urging Usagi to grab her hand and get ready for the games. Usagi accepted with an uncertainty that could get them killed once they were in front of the Queen of Hearts.

"Ready?" Kuina was talking to herself at this point.

She could have sworn she heard Usagi reply with a no.

They could feel the evil energy coming from one tall building; and then they saw the blimp with the Queen's symbol.

Oh, Usagi decided to herself, nobody was getting out of this one alive.

They got up to the roof, one hell of a walk it was, and they were met with her. Mira, an ex-executive at the beach.

"Mira...?"

"Were you expecting someone else?"

Mira held herself high and mighty, with a plastic-like smile covering her face.

Usagi gripped her friend's hand tighter, pulling her closer, "are you sure we want this?"

Kuina nodded, "it looks like a game of croquet."

"And you'd be right!"