Chapter 7: Playing Hearts

I can tell they're looking..." Usagi silently groaned, "God, don't they have manners?"
Chishiya chuckled at her attitude, "I don't think they do."
She shook her head, resting her forehead on his shoulder. She mumbled something to herself, before looking back up at Chishiya, "we're gonna survive, right?"
He nodded as his hand roamed to her hair, gently rustling it.
"Of course, we are."
"What's my symbol this time?"
"Heart." he said, his voice was just below a whisper. He didn't want anyone sabotaging them, lying to her or otherwise.
She nodded, breaking free from Chishiya's hold. She looked around as she felt someone's eyes glare into her being.
It was Enji Matsushita, not that they knew that; the Jack of Hearts.
"Hello," he almost seemed to sneak up on the couple, Chishiya took note of how silent he was, "what's my-"
"Yuzuha, would you like to get us a snack, please?" Chishiya said almost immediately, he was just trying to get her away from this.
She noticed his tone and she knew something was off. She decided to listen to him, she definitely didn't want to see the trouble he was about to get himself into.
"Trouble maker..."
As Usagi nibbled on her vanilla crackers, she wondered where she would be without him. Chishiya kept her sane in these incredibly insane times. She wondered how she did it; how she stole his heart, how she deserved a love like this.
Her life outside of the borderlands was less than desirable. Chishiya's was ideal.
She was a climber until her dad passed away. It wasn't natural either. According to the news, it was suicide, but according to her, it wasn't.
Chishiya was a doctor, the top surgeon in the making. He even treated a patient who was a hiker, climber of some sorts. Shigenori Usagi.
If you believe in such things like fate, destiny, you'll know the invisible string. They had met before they even knew it.
Chishiya walked in before Usagi's thoughts got ahead of her. "You're staring into space again." he commented, sitting himself next to her.
"No..." her voice was distant, her eyes were watering. She didn't know why, but she didn't like it, neither did Chishiya.