Chapter 9: All's Well That Ends Well

Chishiya was conflicted right about now. He wanted Usagi to be okay more than anything. He knew she needed the space, so he let her be. It was the hardest decision he's had to make thus far.
Should he have helped her, well that's a question for another day. Chishiya was never one to worry, much like Usagi, he never had to worry until she came along. Well, of course, the surgeon-to-be worried about people, but he's never loved anyone so much that he'd watch the world burn for her; he'd be the one to spark the flame.
All of these thoughts went to waste; he just stood there much like the dumbfounded man he was, watching the woman he loved break down as she felt like a fool.
He was the fool in this, so he thought, for letting her feel such pain.
Just an hour or so ago he was an aggressor because someone put his hands on her, his girl. Where did the fight go, he wondered. Chishiya knew this was out of order for him, he didn't feel right. How could he?
Finally, his body decided for his mind; he gradually got himself to her spot on the floor, he kneeled next to her, though he should have kneeled in front of her. His hand reached her back carefully, "Yuzu..."
She shaked with his cold touch, "what now?" her voice croaked out, seemingly coarse from the crying, something she wasn't used to doing.
"I'm sorry," his tone was somewhat pathetic, really. Usagi looked up at him, and god, he wished she hadn't. Her eyes were irritated, her nose was red; yup. She was crying.
"For what?" she had asked, "why are you sorry?"
He didn't know what to apologize for first. So he decided on saying "everything. I'm sorry for everything."
Usagi nodded, humming her response quietly. "It's okay, Shun."
He let go of his relieving sigh that he had kept close to his chest.