Chapter 22: We'll Meet Again

"Hi." Kuina said cautiously, "are you lost?"

"Kind of," he admitted, "I'm looking for a friend."

"Oh? Oh. OH."

She ran off to Usagi, yelling back at him "follow me!"

So, he did, with no clue where he was going. He was just so glad to see Usagi. He didn't know why, but he felt the need to be near her, almost at all times. He felt a connection that he just couldn't explain away.

"There you are," he sighed, heart finally filled with relief, "I was looking for you." He tried to sound casual and cool; he didn't know why it mattered. He'd just met her!

No, that didn't seem right, he felt like he knew her.

"Were you?" Usagi didn't know what to say to that. "Well, you found me."

Chishiya's sheepish smile seemed more than perfect to Usagi. She was lost as to why.

"So I did."

Kuina shifted awkwardly, "you two seem friendly..."

"I guess," Usagi shrugged, unsure of where Kuina was going with this.

"She's the first one to visit me." Chishiya said, his voice barely passed a whisper.

"I was?"

Usagi sat back on her bed; her mind was really trying to place Chishiya.

"Yes, you were. Come visit again." he offered up his hand, which Usagi took him up on. She watched his hands carefully; his knuckles were bruised, his hand was somewhat soft, and it fit perfectly in her own.

"Maybe I will," Usagi smiled, suddenly it was just them in the world. "You do the same."

"I will." he promised; how odd, he never made a promise, especially to someone he had just met.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked for permission and she nodded almost desperately. He kissed away her fears, wiping the despair out of her system. "I do this all for you, Yuzuha."

"All for me?" she sighed, resting her forehead on his.

The memory flooded Chishiya's mind; that's where he knew her from.

The borderlands.