When You Admire A Man's Jewels

"By the Angel, Izzy! Can't you knock?!" Alec swore as his sister barged into their room. The door hit the wall and startled the couple awake before they saw who it was.

Isabelle ignored her brother as she said, "S, we need intel on Magnus Bane."

"There's a Clave database for a reason, Izzy," Serena mumbled as she curled into Alec who held her tight to his body.

"Not for this kind of intel. Clary thinks he's the one who took her memories. She wants to see him."

Serena groaned as she rolled out of Alec's embrace, a hand on her forehead. "All the warlocks have gone underground. By Raziel, she's gonna get us killed."

"And that's why we need you to make sure that doesn't happen," Isabelle smirked as Serena's blue eyes stared at the ceiling.

"Get everyone to ops, we'll be there in 10."

"Never a dull moment," Alec breathed, his voice still soaked in sleep as he leaned on his elbows.

"Tell me about it," she said pecking his lips before getting out of bed. "But at least we get to see Magnus."

And she disappeared into their bathroom.

********************************

Exactly 10 minutes later, their group was gathered around a table in ops as Serena stood before a monitor. Hodge was next to her as he swiped through photos of Magnus through the centuries.

"Magnus Bane," Serena said, mostly for Clary's benefit. "As most of you know, he is the High Warlock of Brooklyn. He's their faction leader and personal friend of mine and Alec's." Serena sat on the table, Alec in the chair next to her while Clary and Izzy were perched on either end, Jace standing behind them.

"He's over 400 years old. And as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century," Hodge continued. "His tastes are both exquisite and excessive."

"He's like the Downworlds' David Guetta," Clary commented.

"Guetta's already a Downworlder," Serena corrected, having met him a few times by request of the Clave. David was a good guy but the Clave got antsy sometimes and wanted to ensure that he was indeed keeping his true nature under wraps.

Clary raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"Vampire. Ever seen him in the daylight?" Isabelle finished with a smirk.

"Can you two focus? This is not a joke," Alec spoke up, irked by his sister's antics and just generally annoyed with Clary.

"Someone needs to get slayed," Izzy grinned as she turned to her sister-in-law who only smirked in response before she said,

"Been there, done that."

Alec glared at her as she jerked her eyebrows at him in challenge. Her husband simply reached for her hand as he squeezed her fingers.

"Alec's right," Hodge said. "Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. And he has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters."

"Except for Serena and Alec," Jace voiced.

"Well, then why would he help my mom remove my memories? Isn't she a Shadowhunter?" Clary asked.

"One of the best," Hodge replied.

"But warlocks don't work that way. Likely your mother paid Magnus handsomely for his services," Serena clarified.

"Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything," Jace said as he took a seat.