Jace, Clary And Izzy Do Something So Stupid And Almost Die

Alec had never been more annoyed with his wife in his life. He was all for the jokes and the pranks she liked to pull because he would give anything to see her smile but this was pushing it too far. This was crossing the line.

The twins had accompanied Imogen to the Head office to see Alec and Jace had been confused the entire time as to why, but it all made sense when he watched Alec's face fall in shock before he stumbled getting up out of his chair to greet the High Inquisitor.

And then to top it all off, Serena had left Alec alone with the woman that scared him when Simon had called, asking for her help, and promised to fill her in on all the details about Heidi that she missed while she was asleep. Serena had bid goodbye to her Grandmother giving her a long hug in case she didn't get back in time to see her off to Idris, and she was off, having the audacity to wink at her husband before she left.

Apparently, the vampire Heidi had engineered that massacre at the Jade Wolf and had then turned in the vampires who'd done it in exchange for her freedom. But Simon had found a witness that could prove Heidi guilty, except Heidi got to her first, putting her in an irreversible coma that Magnus was easily able to reverse. However, it was pointless since Maia took matters into her own hands and tricked Heidi into killing herself. Heidi fed on Maia who injected herself with holy water and the vampire turned to ash. Technically, she didn't break any laws so she didn't have to be arrested but she certainly was on probation.

Raphael had also been arrested for experimenting on Heidi who he thought could help other vampires walk in the sun. He went willingly though, thinking it penance for his actions.

And after that damage was done with, Serena learned that Clary had beaten up Aline and then burned herself purposely in the fireplace.

Imogen was thankfully back in Idris where she wouldn't be hurt and where she wouldn't lose her mind when she found out what Clary, Jace, Izzy, and Simon were up to.

Trying to summon Lilith to see if she could remove the twinning rune.

Something neither Alec nor Serena knew about so far as they tried to help the vampires reorganise themselves under new leadership and trying to track down the Morning Star sword while still decrypting that data chip. Not to mention if they knew, they would've been against the plan from the start.

But, Jace and Izzy were reconsidering that. Because if Cain didn't agree to use the mark of Cain against Lilith, they'd need a second option to contain her while they sent her back to Edom.

And may the Angel help them all if she escaped.

********************************

"How are you doing?" Alec asked with a warm smile as he walked into his office to see Serena frowning at her computer.

"Still no luck on the damn data chip. I swear I'm going to be speaking in zeroes and ones with how long I've been looking at this."

Alec walked to her and he began to massage her shoulders and her head slumped back. "Maybe you should take a little break? Have some food. Maybe a better massage?" he suggested as he kissed her forehead. "I know this data chip isn't the only headache you're dealing with."

"The vampires and wolves are still very unhappy with one another. After what Heidi did, it's going to be a lot of work smoothening things over."

"That's why you have a husband. To carry the weight when it gets too heavy."

Serena gave him a lazy smile as she looked up at him. "Did you know that I love my husband?"

"I had a vague idea," he said as he lowered his lips to hers, but their kiss broke when Serena jolted away from him. "What's wrong? Is everything ok?"