More Family To Add To The Family Drama...yay

"Sweet little Serena, how are you, my dear? You look stunning," asked the one and only Valentine Morgenstern. It took everything in Serena not to kill him then and there. Not just because he murdered her father but since no one but the Downworlders called her Sweet little Serena. This was the man who made her an orphan, and that killed her father. And he was smiling as if nothing happened.

Serena put on the best fake smile she could muster. "Thank you, and I'm well Val," she said, having heard Alec call him that, she was praying that it was ok she did too.

"I make sure of it," came Alec's voice as he appeared behind her and wrapped an arm around her waist.

Valentine's smile grew bigger if that was possible. "Alec, hey, great job on the party. This looks incredible. I can't thank you enough."

Alec's proud smile was blinding. "My pleasure."

"You two must come for dinner soon. I feel as if it's been years since we've had dinner together, especially now since your brother is dating my daughter."

"Of course," Serena smiled as her husband agreed.

"Val, if you don't mind, I think my lady deserves a dance and so does yours," Alec said as he pointed to where Jocelyn had finally arrived.

Valentine's smile became one of adoration as he beheld her and he turned back to the two as he cleared his throat and said, "If you'll excuse me, I have some pressing matters to attend to."

And with him gone, Serena was instantly swept up into a small swaying dance by her husband.
"You are beautiful," he whispered, their foreheads pressed together as Serena tried to quell the nauseous feeling in her stomach.

The Serena of this world had picked out a pink dress similar to Izzy's that matched Alec's pocket square, but the real Serena didn't give a damn as she selected a dress that was hidden in the confines of her closet.

The dress she currently wore was silver satin and it fit her body like a second skin. It had a low back that Alec's hand danced across and a small slit that went from the middle of her thigh to where the skirt ended at her knees. She'd played it off as wanting to go for more of a White Queen look rather than the Cheshire Cat.

"Thanks," she returned, her voice nothing but hot air and before she knew it, his lips were on hers. Serena instantly responded, despite how wrong it felt. She could tell that it wasn't her Alec, the spot on her wrist where her wedded union rune should be tingling as she was reminded of him. She may as well have been kissing a stranger at this point because he felt nothing like Alec and he didn't make her feel anything that Alec made her feel when she kissed him.

By some saving grace, they were interrupted by Clary. "Sorry, but I need to borrow Serena for a bit, it's kind of an emergency," she said to Alec who smiled.

"Don't take too long, you still owe me dance," Alec smiled as he kissed her temple and Clary began pulling her away.

"As if we'd actually dance," she smirked to her husband before turning to Clary and the happy look on her face dropped. "Where is the Portal?! I need to get out of this dimension. I need to get out of here right now."

Magnus, who obviously didn't look like her Magnus, appeared in front of them. "This way," he said, and they disappeared into the depths of the Institute.

********************************

"What are we even looking for?" Clary asked as they walked into the basement of the Institute.

"I'll know it when I see it," Magnus said as he examined the walls.

"And if this doesn't work?" Serena prompted and Magnus stopped as he put a hand on her shoulder.