Izzy Trades One Brother For Another

Alec wasn't doing well, and neither was Serena, to say the least.

Izzy hadn't hesitated to call Magnus as fast as she could. The warlock had been able to stabilise Alec enough to figure out what was wrong. Finding Jace, had taken a piece of Alec's soul, he'd never gotten it back, and now he was lost somewhere between him and his parabatai. They theorised that if Jace came back then the piece of Alec's soul would come back. They needed Jace to come back and they needed him to come back soon because Magnus's magic could only hold on for so long. A parabatai connection was an angelic bond and magic could only do so much.

Serena's ailment was somewhat easier to cure. Yes, her connection to Alec was also angelic but a bond to connect two hearts was more magical than angelical. So Magnus was able to brew a tonic that numbed pain caused by magic. The more a couple connected, both physically and emotionally, the stronger their connection through the wedded union rune was, and Magnus was amazed at the strength of Alec and Serena's with how strong he had to make the tonic to numb their connection, but even still, her heart ached. She could barely eat, much less sleep. She also hadn't left Alec's side since it happened - separating them just seemed to cause her more pain.

Meanwhile, Jace and Clary had escaped Valentine's ship with the help of Dot. However, Clary had managed to return to the Institute but Jace was nowhere to be found. Or so they thought.
Clary had barely taken two steps into the Institute before Aldertree brought her into his office. Clary had lied to him but things still weren't looking good even after Jace managed to get Izzy on the phone.

Izzy had told him everything that happened and told him to get to Magnus's house and they'd figure out a way to get Alec there. It was actually rather easy how they would do that. Their parents had put in a request to transfer Alec to Idris, but the second Aldertree realised this he denied the request.

Alec was nothing more than bait and Magnus had to hold Serena back from killing Aldertree.
Aldertree placed a Shadowhunter he trusted outside their door, and barely allowed Magnus to stay.

"What do we do now?" Izzy whispered and Serena turned to Magnus who was pale as he was low on magic.

"Go home," she said to the warlock who looked at her in confusion.

"If I leave now, Alec will die."

Serena sighed. "He won't die, because when I put this around his neck and break it, he'll be Portalled to you, where you'll be waiting, at your house."

"But what about the wards on the Institute? You can't open a Portal in here," Izzy pointed out after her eyes widened at the sight of her sister's Portal Pendant.

"The wards are made with warlock magic. This Pendant is made with the magic of every Downworlder faction. The wards don't stand a chance," Serena assured her sister as Magnus kissed her forehead.

"You're brilliant, Angel," he said as he all but ran for the door, wanting to make sure everyone saw him leave and walk out, giving him an alibi for what was about to happen.

Serena took a deep breath as she unclasped the necklace from around her neck. "Ok, go after Magnus. I'll Portal Alec and -"

"S," Izzy said as she took her sister's hand. "You have to go."

"But Iz -"

"If anyone should be there for him, if anyone can wake him up, it's you. Go to Magnus. I'll take care of Alec and buy you time with Aldertree so you don't kill him.

Serena was on the verge of tears once more as she squeezed Izzy's hand. "Thank you."

"Of course."

"All you have to do is break the gemstone," she instructed as she placed the chain around Alec's neck.