Clave Envoy? More Like The Clave's Annoying

"I'm happy for my brother, I am, but seriously, they need to get a room. We're not even that bad," Serena said as she glanced over to where Jace and Clary were basically having eye sex as they stood, literally chest-to-chest with each other. Clary still had the Mortal Cup clutched in one hand as she and Jace spoke in quiet hushed words.

"Tell me about it," Alec sighed as he continued staring at the monitor and the sound of Izzy's whip cutting through the air caused them to turn around.

"There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels," she said as she held the Mortal Cup in one hand and her whip in the other, having snatched it from Clary's hand as she gazed at the relic they'd only heard about in legends.

"Amen, sister," Serena piped up as Izzy smiled at her. Jace went over to talk to Alec who was still staring at the monitor as Clary put the cup back into the card.

"You can stare at this screen all you want, but they need angel blood to get past the wards. You know that. No Downworlder can get into the Institute," Jace assured his parabatai who still hadn't looked away from the screen and who still didn't seem convinced.

Izzy wasn't helping the situation as she added, "Not unless they have an invite from a Shadowhunter."

Jace gave her a dead look as Alec raised his brows at Jace. "Last I checked Valentine is a Shadowhunter. The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave," Alec said.

"Give it back to the Clave? No!" Clary exclaimed, outraged by the suggestion. "Not after everything we went through to get it."

"My brother is right," Izzy spoke, surprising everyone. "The Cup is extremely important."

"Are you agreeing with me?" Alec asked as his hands rested on his wife's shoulders, both of them regarding Izzy with sceptical looks.

"I'm full of surprises," Izzy replied with a small smile.

"This Cup is the one chance I have at getting my mom back," Clary continued as she held the card tightly.

"I agree with Clary," Jace voiced and this time no one was surprised. "We can't give the Cup back to the Clave, not now. We need it. It's our only bargaining chip."

"Look I know how powerful this Cup is. It has the power to create new Shadowhunters, control demons, and even kill a mundane if they drank from it. But I promise you, that I will not let that monster get his hands on it," Clary swore, but the others, save for Jace, weren't convinced.

"You can't promise that, Clary. All it takes is a second for you to take your eyes off it, and it's gone," Serena pointed out.

"She gave you her word," Jace countered but the Acting Heads of the Institute didn't trust it.

"Follow me," Alec relented, and Clary obeyed as she followed Alec into the training room where he opened the same tile in the floor with his stele. He revealed the same secure chamber that housed Clary's necklace, a place where the card would be safe as it couldn't be opened without Alec's stele.

Handing him the card Clary said, "Alec, I realise that I couldn't have done any of this without your help. I want to thank you."

"Don't misread this as friendship," he responded as he placed the card inside. "Ever since you showed up our whole world has been turned upside down, and my wife was nearly killed, twice." Alec simply rose to his full height as he ran his stele over the rune and it sank back into the ground. He gave Clary a once over before he left, leaving her with his words to consider.

And as Clary pulled out her phone to call Simon and Jace sat at the ops table, Serena turned on her sister. "Iz, I know we talked about you wanting to grow up to restore the family honour, but you don't have to sacrifice who you are for this. Alec and I can figure it out, you shouldn't have to -"