Heaven Vs Hell: The Actual Ultimate Battle

Edom was truly a desert. Things seemed to keep getting further and further away as Serena seemed to be walking for miles. She'd tracked Magnus to a keep underneath the rift, but it seemed to be getting further and further away. She was thankful that she'd only run into a few Shax demons so far which were easy enough to dispose of. What she was not appreciative of was the fact that Edom was a million degrees and she was sweating her skin off. And to top it all off, her hearing rune definitely detected something coming towards her as she hid behind a large boulder with a sword in hand.

The seconds passed by as the sweat dripped down her forehead and the jagged surface of the boulder dug into her back and she listened to the crunching footsteps in the sand grow louder. She was sure that whatever was approaching would be able to hear the rapid pace of her heartbeat despite her soundless rune - then again, she wouldn't be surprised if her angelic powers didn't have much effect in the demonic realm. She waited until the last possible second, until the demon was right next to her before she jumped out and struck.

And her sword was met with the curve of a familiar adamas bow.

"You scared the hell out of me!" Serena shouted at her husband as they lowered their weapons and Alec just enveloped his wife in a hug. Her smell, her touch, the very sight of her, overwhelmed his senses and quelled any sort of panic he had once felt; the types of feelings that had caused his magic to spiral out of control earlier when he was so bonded with a Downworlder that his angelic tools weren't working.

"You're okay," he breathed as he buried his face in the end of her ponytail.

"I'm much better now," she admitted as she hugged him back, her initial shock having worn off. Lorenzo then cleared his throat as the married couple broke up. "How did you guys find me?"

"Oh, that was all your husband's doing," Lorenzo answered.

"Lorenzo taught me how to use my magic, or his magic, to track you through our wedding rings when my stele wasn't working. I figured you were heading for Magnus so we sent out fire messages to Jace and Clary to follow our footsteps," Alec explained.

"I'm impressed," Serena remarked as she still held Alec's hand.

"And I assume you've tracked Magnus towards the rift?" Lorenzo questioned and she nodded as she pointed at something in the distance.

"He's there. In the castle of Asmodeus," she informed them.

"Asmodeus, huh?" Alec said sceptically.

"Yep."

"Well, this should be fun."

"Agreed," Lorenzo piped up.

Serena looked up at her new companions. "Let's go visit a Prince of Hell."

********************************

The three travelers made their way to the keep where they were ready to charge into the throne room and take on Asmodeus so he'd free Magnus, but Asmodeus wasn't the one standing in the throne room.

"Sparkles!" Serena exclaimed as she ran towards him.

Magnus turned from the glassless window he was staring out of, his eyes wide. "Angel. Alexander. I never thought I'd see you again," he said as he wrapped them both in a hug.

"All of us weren't about to let you fight Lilith alone," Serena smiled at him.

"All of us?" Magnus questioned.

"I'm just doing what any High Warlock would do. And seeing as it technically was my fault that you transformed me into a reptile, I figured I owed you," Lorenzo
begrudgingly admitted and Magnus held out his hand. Lorenzo shook it, the men smiling at each other in an unspoken agreement.