One Hell Of A Kiss

After reuniting with their family and ensuring that everyone was ok, the first thing that happened when they returned home to the Institute was that Serena was taken to the infirmary for a check-up. Between her and Jonathan's little spat and the 48 hours being long since over, she wasn't getting out of her twin and her husband dragging her there.

Once she was given the all-clear, Serena and Alec then left for Magnus's apartment which they hadn't left since. They owed it to the warlock to at least try and find a way to bring him back. And surely with how many ancient books he had there, there had to be something that could free him. However, after a day and night of searching, what they did find was strange, to say the least. They found a lizard who'd scratched out the word 'HELP' on the glass of its terrarium. So, after calling Catarina to come and check it out, they both got a fire message that something was wrong with Izzy, that she'd been set on fire, yet Serena hadn't felt anything wrong with her.

As they'd walked into the Institute, they were met with Simon, whom Alec instantly started arguing with, blaming him for setting Izzy on fire seeing as he had been in the room when it happened.

"I didn't set her on fire! We were just kissing, and then -"

"You were kissing my sister?" Alec asked, holding out a hand to stop him yet they kept walking.

"I mean, she was kissing me, too-"

"Easy, big brother," Izzy said as she walked over to them, hugging Alec with a smile as if nothing had happened.

"Izzy, I was so worried. Is everything alright?" Alec asked.

"You were set on fire and yet I felt you in no pain," Serena said, confused as she hugged her parabatai.

"Just some temporary side effects, but I'm going to be fine," Izzy assured them.

"Thank the Angel," Simon said as he took a step forward to hug Izzy, but she stepped away from him. "What am I not allowed to say that?" Simon asked, confused.

"No, I, uh," Izzy stuttered before Jace saved her as he appeared, having received the same fire message as Alec and Serena.

"Izzy, hey, are you ok?" he asked as he hugged her.

"Hey," she exhaled.

"We came as soon as we heard," Clary explained before taking her turn to hug Izzy.

"Great. Hugs for everybody else," Simon snarked.

"Simon it..." Izzy began, before Serena took her hand, Izzy taking a deep breath before she explained. "The heavenly fire from when the sword exploded, until it leaves my system, I can't touch anyone with demon blood," she explained, sadly.

"For how long? Are we talking days, weeks, months?" Simon quizzed, but was ignored as Alec said,

"Wait, what about Serena? She was struck with a piece of the shrapnel too."

They all turned to the blonde whose eyes widened. "Don't look at me. I haven't set myself on fire."

Izzy gave a small laugh. "I actually asked Helen Blackthorn about it. She said that the piece you were struck with was small, and with your pure angelic blood, you should be fine, but she advised you to keep contact with Downworlders to a minimum for a little while."

Alec and Jace seemed to breathe a little easier after that, Alec holding Serena close to him.

"Izzy, how long till it's out of your system? Days, weeks, months?" Simon asked again.

"I don't know. I don't know. But I'm gonna be fine, ok? It's manageable, " Izzy assured them.

Alec then went back to glaring subtly at Simon and Serena couldn't help but enjoy the confused look on her twin's face.