Serena Gets To Punch Her Ex-Boss Again

"Izzy! Izzy, you can't go through with this. Please, let me go in your place. You don't deserve this."

"S, I know you care about me -"

"Iz, you are my sister, my parabatai. I love you, you are part of me, which is why I can't let you do this, not with him."

Izzy took Serena's hands. "I love you for caring about me, S, but you and I both know that he'll never agree to see you. It has to be me. You are also the High Inquisitor's granddaughter, you can get around Alicante without raising suspicion."

Serena sighed as she squeezed Izzy's hands. "Are you sure about this? We can cancel at any time or if you're too uncomfortable, just say the word and we pull the plug and - "

"S, I'm sure," Izzy interrupted. "We have to do this. Not just for Simon but for all the Downworld prisoners. And I promise I'll signal you you if it goes too far."

"You better." Serena pulled her parabatai in for a hug. "And for what it's worth, you look beautiful."

"Thanks. I better get going. Good luck."

"You too."

And the two girls split up.

********************************

Serena had her grandmother approve a Portal for her and Izzy to Idris. So, while Izzy was being wined and dined by the man, Serena was breaking into his office. Honestly, she could've used her old trick of glamouring herself to look like him but if anything she wanted to be caught. She wanted someone, she wanted Aldertree to ask what she had been doing in his office because when they heard the answer....she couldn't wait to see the look on his face.

His computer would've been difficult to crack but the firewalls it was protected with were nowhere near as complex as the firewalls on the data chip.

Izzy also had perfect timing because she had sent her SOS signal in the form of pressing on her parabatai rune and the two girls met up at the place they separated from.

"Are you ok? Did he -"

"No, no. I'm fine. I want to throw up from being so close to him, but I'm fine. Did you find anything?"

"Oh, I found something, but it's far from good."

"What is it."

"All the Downworld prisoners are having their powers taken away, their traits. Werewolves, vampires, warlocks, Seelies, all of them. Injecting them with heavenly fire turns them mundane," the blonde explained.

"So, the Clave has had Glorious all along?"

"Just a fragment of the sword, but large enough to create a serum."

"This is the Clave's perverted way of rehabilitating their prisoners?" Izzy asked in disbelief.

"It's just Aldertree. Not the Clave, or else my grandma and Jia would've known. And Izzy, it gets worse."

Izzy was on the verge of a heart attack. How much worse could it get?

"How?" she questioned.

"Aldertree is planning on using the serum beyond the prison population. He has a plan to slip it into the water supply in New York City as a trial run for worldwide disbursement."

"So, all Downworlders get cured whether they like it or not. And there's no telling what it would do to the mundanes."

"Well, it's not going to happen so long as I have anything to say about it. I have copies of his files. I'll send it to my grandmother, and she can issue an order for his arrest," Serena assured her and Izzy could breathe a little better.