Serena Gets Another Head Injury

Serena couldn't breathe but in the best way ever. It was that frantic breathlessness you got making out with someone. You kissed them like you were starving; like the feeling of their lips on yours was more crucial to your survival than the need to breathe.

That was exactly how she felt as she was sat on Alec's desk, her thighs clinging to his sides as he stood between her legs. Their breaths were hot and heavy as Alec's hands slid around her back, his fingers digging into her skin as if he couldn't get close enough to her. One of her hands held his shoulder while the other was shamelessly under his shirt, trailing up his abs as he kissed her as if his life depended on it.

"Are we interrupting?" asked Jace's voice as he and Clary strode into their office without knocking, using an unlocking rune to undo the lock that kept them out.

"Actually -"

"No. Not at all," Alec interrupted as they both glared at each other. He gave her lips a final peck before they reluctantly moved out of each other's holds and Alec strategically placed Serena's crossed legs in front of his waistline.

"Aren't you two supposed to be working?" Jace asked smugly, with arms crossed over his chest.

"As if you don't mix work with pleasure, little brother," Serena fired back as she wiped off some of the smudged lipstick from her face, Alec's lips coated in it but he didn't seem to care.

"We're not talking about me. We're talking about you."

"And we wouldn't be if you had just taken the hint when our office door was locked!"

"Did you need something?" Alec intervened before their bickering got worse.

"On the hunt, we came across a Drevak demon," Clary explained.

"Yeah, which is weird, right? They usually keep to the sewers," Jace said.

"Maybe the holiday noise is drawing them out," Alec suggested.

"Yeah, could be," Jace agreed. "The streets are packed with idiots in costumes."

"Hey, I used to be one of those idiots," Clary chuckled.

"Shocker," Jace smirked back.

"What? I love Halloween," Clary defended.

"Oh, don't act all high and mighty, JJ. You were one of those idiots once and you loved it," Serena said and Jace's smile fell as Clary's grew.

"Wait, what?!" she laughed.

"The Halloween Mission when you were 16, we went undercover. The shapeshifters, right?" Alec asked with a small grin, trying not to laugh at the betrayed look on his parabatai's face.

"Yep," Serena said, popping the 'p'.

"You promised you'd never bring it up," Jace said, tense.

"Jacey, are you keeping secrets from Clary? That's not healthy for a relationship, you know?" Serena tutted.

"We're going to brief ops on the demon," Jace said as he walked out the door and Clary turned to Serena who smirked at her.

"I'll send you photos."

Clary only grinned before running out after Jace and Alec was in front of her again.

"Where were we?" he asked lowly, and Serena couldn't help the seductive smile that spread on her lips before they connected with Alec's.

********************************

"So, Izzy and I have done some extensive testing on both the serum and on Jonathan's blood. The heavenly fire serum caused a reaction that purged all demonic essence," Serena explained to Jace, Alec, and Clary who were all gathered in Izzy's workstation in the armoury.