Alec Tries To Die - Part Three

(A/N: This chapter contains mentions of suicide - please don't read this if it is triggering for you)

********************************

Part of their plan had worked. Ithuriel was free but Valentine had escaped with Cleophas now as his prisoner.

Luke had been enraged when he was told what the Soul Sword could do to the Downworld and Jace and Clary would've been in serious trouble had Serena not been there. She was always going to tell the Downworlders of what the Sword could do because they had a right to know that they were fighting for their lives and Serena had an obligation not just to them but to herself, to be honest with them. The only reason Luke was still in the dark was that Serena had been bombarded with problem after problem after her return from the Citadel and so far only had the time to get a message to the Seelie Queen since she'd be the hardest faction leader to contact. And while Luke had believed her and set out to try and track Valentine, Clary was still disheartened by how cold he was acting towards her.

For example, one of the problems that Serena had to deal with was the residual feelings of Izzy's newfound addiction, especially since she found a vampire to bite her and the sensations were now so much stronger. It had taken a bit of convincing but in the end, Raphael convinced himself it was to help her and to help Serena before he sank his teeth into her flesh.

Alec, clueless as to what his sister was doing, had been both impressed and worried when Serena told him what happened with Ithuriel. He had believed her instantly and was even more inclined to do so when they watched a video of Ithuriel shooting for the heavens on their surveillance feed.

"You said that was the Angel?" Alec asked as he paused the video.

"That was Ithuriel," Serena confirmed.

"Or it could've been a shooting star," Izzy piped up.

"Going from the ground to the sky?" Serena questioned, a little hurt that her parabatai didn't believe her.

"Are you saying you don't believe them?" Alec asked his sister.

"No. I'm just saying that no one's seen an Angel for hundreds of years."

That was fair to be a bit sceptical, but that didn't mean Serena was lying. She really needed to have a talk with Izzy.

"Hey, guys!" came a voice and the Lightwood trio turned to see Max as he ran in.

"Hey, buddy how are you doing?" asked Alec as Serena bent down for him to run into her arms, squeezing him tight, Izzy soon joining the hug.

"Max! I missed you so much," Izzy cooed as they broke apart.

"That makes two of us," Serena said as they all pulled away and Max put a hand on her cheek.

"I'm glad you're okay," he said, and she smiled at him, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Hey, I thought we had this discussion? She's mine," Alec said jealously as he pulled Serena to stand up next to him, an arm over her shoulders as Izzy and Max laughed.

"Well, I'm cuter," Max stated and the three Lightwood women gave him impressed smiles as Serena dropped back down to his side. She wrapped an arm around Max's waist as he threw an arm over her shoulders.

"He's kinda got you there, baby," she smiled as Max pressed a kiss to her cheek and Alec scoffed in disbelief.

"What are you doing here?" Izzy asked with a grin and Maryse came forward, smiling at her children.

"Alec. Isabelle. Serena," she said in greeting and they gave her small smiles.

"Hi, Mom," Alec greeted as he moved to hug her, Serena following suit but Izzy didn't move.