How To Heal A Werewolf

"Where are they!?" Jace demanded as he and Isabelle stormed into Clary's loft.

"Where's Serena? I can feel nothing but pain coming from her side of our bond," Izzy said and Alec looked as if he wanted to die.

"They were taken, while I was securing the fire escape. 5 guys. They handcuffed Simon and Clary, but they have to be Downworlders because they had no runes and no mundane is capable of knocking Serena out in a fight."

"The mundane was here?!" Jace asked, but whether it was anger or annoyance at the revelation of Simon's presence, they couldn't tell.

"They put them in 2 unmarked cars. I don't know where they were headed," Alec finished and Izzy moved over to her brother.

"We'll find her," she promised as Jace stormed out. "She'll be ok."

"I can't feel her," he muttered, the connection he had with Serena absolutely numb. This had never happened before. Granted, they'd only been married and bonded for a year but still, he'd never experienced this hollow feeling where she should be. He didn't like it. Not at all. Not one bit. He needed her back and he needed her back now.

Izzy pushed her hair from her shoulder as she showed him her parabatai rune. "She's alive. She's okay."

And she took his hand as she scooped up Clary's messenger bag and left.

********************************

"Try harder, Alec!"

"I am trying! Neither of them are showing up!"

"It's your fault she's gone!" Jace bellowed, and Alec couldn't help but wonder which 'she' he meant as they failed to track both Serena and Clary.

"I did my best, Jace."

"Maybe your mother was right, and your best isn't good enough."

"JACE!" Izzy shrieked. "His wife was also taken too. Your sister. Remember her?"

"Or are you so blinded by your feelings for Clary that you've forgotten us?" Alec asked. "Clary was the one that snuck out. My wife and I went out to protect her after we did the right thing and got permission. We did nothing you haven't done a thousand times -"

"Yes, you did! You lost her."

"And which 'her' do you mean Jace?" Alec asked as he took a step closer to Jace, looking down at him slightly. Alec may have been worried for his wife but his entire body radiated fury as he waited for Jace's answer.

"Enough both of you!" Izzy scolded, unused to the sensation because normally Serena was the one who would 'mother' them for fighting over something trivial as she embraced her big sister role. "Whoever took them must be holding them over a body of water, which is why your tracking runes won't work, nor my parabatai tracking or Alec's wedded union rune."

It was then that Clary's phone started ringing from where she'd stashed it inside her backpack along with the box.

Jace answered after ripping it from the bag and putting it on speaker. "Hello?" he asked.

"I never thought I'd utter these words, but thank god it's you!" came Simon's voice on the other end. "It's me, Simon."

"Where are you?! Where are Clary and Serena?"

"I don't know I think we're in some Chinese restaurant. Clary is being interrogated by these fake cops who say that they'll kill her if they don't tell her where the Cup is!"

"Where's Serena?!" Alec asked.

"Oh, Alec, you're there too. Uh, she's here. She's with me in a holding cell, but she's unconscious. She was really badass, you know? When she fought them off before. And when she came to, she broke out of her cuffs and was able to take down three of them before they knocked her out again. She's bleeding from her head and stomach, and it's bad."