Is There Really A Difference When The Devil Used To Be An Angel?

Magnus Bane had no idea why Serena and Alec were planning a party so soon but he was the king of parties, so of course he couldn't say no when they asked him to help plan the blowout of all blowouts. He was in his apartment going through fabric samples with Serena on video chat.

"So, I have these lovely Italian satin pieces, all in various shades of cobalt blue, but I could do other shades of blue if you really want," Magnus said as he showed her the samples.

"Hmm, lovely, but Alec and I want to go in a bit of a warmer direction. I'm thinking reds, oranges and golds," Serena replied and Magnus snapped his fingers and the blue satin swatches were replaced with red ones.

"I can work with that. For that particular colour scheme, I recommend silks. I have these stunning Chinese pieces in gold but for your reds and oranges, these Indian pieces would be perfect."

"Oh, they're perfect. I like that red but can you make that orange a bit brighter."

"Easily done."

"Sparkles, can you actually get rid of the sparkles on that gold piece? I want more of a metallic look than sequins."

"A bit of a fiery theme, huh?"

"So, it would seem," Serena said a bit sheepishly.

"Very fitting, considering Lilith and Edom's demise, after all."

"Hey, baby!" she called off-screen. "Magnus got the colours for tonight."

"Oh, did he get that soft ruby red? The one that doesn't wash you out. And the gold that matches your hair?" came Alec's voice before his face popped up on Magnus's phone screen.

"See for yourself."

"Hi, Magnus," Alec greeted as he inspected the fabric samples on the screen.

"Hello, Alexander. So, are my fabric samples really up to your standards?"

"Perfect as always. Are we all set for tonight?"

"Well, now that I'm aware of your little fire theme we are nowhere near done. I'm thinking floating candles, suspended fireworks, and a whole new menu. Oh, and I'm certainly going to have to -" Magnus cut himself off as there was a knock at his door, his fingers pausing from where he was clicking them and conjuring all of the items he was talking about.

"Uh, are you expecting someone?" Serena wondered as she rested her chin on Alec's shoulder.

"No, but it might be Catarina. I did tell her to come over so I could gift Madzie a dress for the party," Magnus answered before he flicked out a hand and his door unlocked and opened before Lorenzo slipped inside.

"Did you not get sick of fire in Edom?" he joked as he walked inside, waving his hand to close the door behind him.

"I'll call you back," Magnus said in farewell as he hung up his phone and flourished his hands as all his party planning materials disappeared. "What can I do for you, Lorenzo?"

"I just came by to pick up a few of my things," he said calmly and Magnus gestured to his house.

"Help yourself."

"Ah, there it is. This beauty belongs in my chateau in Majorca," he remarked as he saw the old portrait of himself in a fencing outfit. With a snap of his fingers, it disappeared. "And I believe this sterling drink stirrer is mine as well," he said as he tucked the stirrer into his blazer pocket.

"Lorenzo," Magnus interrupted. "I want to thank you. For risking your life to help save mine."

"I was just doing my part as a member of the warlock community. That is all," he insisted, recycling the same line that he'd given to Alec and Serena before.