Heaven Vs Hell: The Ultimate Battle

When Jace's plan had been foiled and Clary had tossed him back through a Portal into the Institute, he nearly knocked out his sister as he slid across the floor. If it hadn't been for Alec's lightning-fast reflexes, there'd be a pile of Herondales on the floor.

Once making sure that Jace was ok, he reported that Jonathan and Clary had succeeded in kidnapping the Seelie Queen. So, Serena sent out a fire message to her Seelie contact who was now part of the queen's elite guard. As they waited for him to arrive, Jace turned to his twin and said, "I believe you have something of mine."

"I don't know," she teased. "I've grown rather fond of having it around my neck."

"Rena," Jace said with a warning tone.

"Fine. You buzzkill," she snapped as she took off the necklace and he lowered his head so she could clasp it around his neck.

Alec then strode into the room and said, "He's here." He then held the door open as Meliorn walked into the room and Serena moved to greet him.

"Mellie, it's good to see you," she said as she kissed both his cheeks and he did the same.

"Likewise, though I'm saddened that it is under such... undesirable circumstances."

"Let's get down to business then," Serena invited as she gestured for him to have a seat but the armoured Seelie remained standing.

"As our queen has been taken and there is no avenue present for her safe return, the Seelies insist that Jace Herondale pays for his crimes. Not just of aiding in the abduction of my queen, but of the injuries of the Seelie knights."

"I was undercover!" Jace insisted and he would've continued had his sister not held up her hand for silence.

"Meliorn, I think it would do you well to remember that harming my brother is the reason why my dealings with your queen were terminated in the first place, first of all. Second of all, I'd like to propose a deal."

Meliorn raised a brow. "What kind of deal?"

"My brother gets to live in peace and we turn over the body of the dead Seelie spy who orchestrated a demon attack that killed two mundanes and broke into our subcells. I performed her rites and her body is ready to be returned to the nature of the Seelie realm. You need only take her."

Meliorn bowed his head. "We have a deal, Sweet Little Serena."

"Lovely," Serena remarked. "Now onto our next order of business. Clary."

"Unfortunately, while you have been able to bargain away your brother's freedom, what cannot be denied is that Clarissa Fairchild, a Shadowhunter, has committed an act of war."

"Kidnapping your queen was Jonathan's plan," Jace stressed.

"Clary is under his control. Her actions are not her own, but we now have a remedy for her condition," Alec informed him before another Seeli walked into their office and whispered into Meliorn's ear before he swiftly turned around and left.

"It would seem my queen's ransom has finally been demanded. The time of the exchange approaches," Meliorn revealed.

"Oh, let me guess. That demon wants the Morningstar sword? Shocker," Jace said sarcastically, and Serena shot him a look.

"Mellie, Jonathan cannot be allowed to get his hands on that sword. He'll destroy the entire world with it, the Seelie realm included. Nowhere will be safe," Serena promised.

"My apologies, Sweet Little Serena, but that blade and those who wield it are no longer of concern to us," he replied.

"Then just hold them long enough for Serena and us to get there with Glorious," Jace pleaded.