14. Envelope

"Sit!" She said through clenched teeth

"Ok," Jimin placed the backpack on the floor before lowering himself on the velvet armchair.
He was quiet, although his throat was burning to spit out one thousand questions when principal Han regained her breath before lifting an envelope with trembling hands.

"Park," she said looking him straight in the eyes so some cold immediately filled his insides. "An official invitation came for you just minutes ago."

"What?" He gasped.

"Read," she placed the envelope on the desk when it became dark in front of his eyes for a few seconds.

He had been always begging Yoongi to invite him and they had made a small deal to do it that way, but Yoongi invited Taehyung, so...

Jimin's heart double jumped.

"Open," principal Han tapped the table top impatiently.

"Ok," Jimin gulped reaching for the envelope from fine burgundy paper decorated with a golden glitter. The seal was ripped, what meant Han has read the inside of the letter before calling him here. No privacy for omegas, he thought ignoring the wince in his insides wile carefully taking a card out.

Dear Jimin,

I guess I have never been the one struggling to write to an omega, but here I am sitting over a blank paper unable to find the right words.
I will just make it simple, Park Jimin would you do me the honor and go to the ball with me? Sounds too much like a proposal, I'm sorry.

Yours faithfully,
Jeon Jungkook

The words in front of him were so stunning Jimin was rereading the letter unable to grasp it was real, especially as a stupid part of him raised up in too much excitement.

"Uh..." he sighed placing both the letter and the envelope on the table top.

"So, are you accepting the invitation?" Principal Han was piercing through him with her gaze when everything became crystal clear to him.

Do you trust me, Kook's question sounded in his head. So that was the crazy plan to buy Tae time and as long as he wouldn't accept principal Han won't be able to sleep, to focus on anything else then bringing the most desired omega and alpha together.

"Um... I need some time to consider that," he muttered cautiously.

"Are you freaking crazy!" Han's fist collided with the table top. "Every omega in that school..."

"But I'm not every omega," Jimin chuckled.

"Park, you will end me. All the omegas in your family were role models, had possessed all traits of a perfect omega, but you..." she frowned so hard her eyebrows almost touched.

"I know I'm far from the standards, but I'm assuring you I'm doing my best, as much as my flaws allow," Jimin spoke doing everything to keep a straight face.