21. Empty bed

"Jimin?"

"Jimin?"

The first lights of the raising day were falling into the tiny dorm room when Jungkook opened his eyes. Rests of sleep evaporated to bring back the memories of last night, Jimin like a soft masterpiece underneath him coming.

"Ah!" Jungkook let out a long sigh rolling onto his back to stare into the ceiling.

Of course he had woken up alone and he even chuckled on how life had paid him back, because for so many times it has been him, the one leaving, while tonight, the first time he cared, it was the total opposite.

Ironical, right?

So the bet was over and he had won, but it really felt anything like it, a bitter sweet regret that the one he longed for the most wasn't his fated one. So far he didn't have any understanding of how to handle that issue, but maybe the approaching ball will provide some answers.

Where is he now, has his heat started? Is he in a safe place, the thought of someone else touching Jimin was so unbearable Jungkook sat up in bed rubbing his face to wake up fully. It was still very early, but he was sure he won't be able to find any sleep, so the room swung a little bit with him when he got up trying to get some life back into his sore muscles. There was the math homework still opened on the desk and he sighed remembering he won't be able to do it before the lessons.

I should wash up, Jungkook commanded himself walking towards the narrow wardrobe to open it and stop at the sweet scent of wild tangerine coming from Jimin's clothes, which made some dangerous butterflies flatter in his insides. The realization how deeply Jimin was really affecting him was even painful.

I'm doomed, he chuckled to his thoughts taking some fresh clothes out, turning around when his eyes were caught by a message scribbled into the maths notebook.

His heart suddenly sped up when he leaned above it to reach for the glasses, so the letters became sharp.

Kook,
I guess an empty bed right after your first time is the worst possible scenario and I've never wanted to be the one who has done that, but heat started and I only have time till sunrises to get rid of it. I hope you'll understand and forgive me, what we have had was the best. Take care. I'm sorry again.
JM

Of course, this was a lot in Jimin's world, it meant as much as a love confession in someone else's case, Jungkook chuckled sarcastically.

The way Jimin communicated was very similar to his style, so he could easily read between the lines, but the information about the heat was boiling his blood with jealousy.

Go wash, he ordered himself putting a bathrobe on before slipping out of the room. Hopefully he won't be caught by any teacher, but the corridor seemed empty, so it was a safe way to the basements bathrooms where he took a quick, rather cold shower. There was the rumor of voices on the main stairs minutes later when he was coming back wearing comfy training clothes. He bumped into a group of girls, one of them smelling like jasmine made his insides tighten for a few seconds, but it was immediately gone when he heard Vanessa's voice.

"Look the loser who it attracted to Park."

Really? She was upset, but it didn't justify being a bitch.

You'd wish to be him, but no luck there, he thought passing them, hurrying his steps. There was Taehyung walking down the corridor, yawning.

"Hi," he muttered.

"Hi, sorry but you're a bit late for washing. Vanessa and her clique are already there."

"Ah!" Taehyung groaned. "The ball is today. We only have the three first lessons then we have to prepare."

Jungkook's stomach flipped as he had only received a short message that he should prepare for the ball then meet Namjoon in the main hall right before it. There was a plan his uncle and friends had prepared carefully to keep his two identities.

"It will be awkward," Jungkook sighed, of course it was way easier for him as he had already gotten to know Jimin, had his most intimate encounter with him, so he wasn't meeting a total stranger tonight.

"Yes, definitely," Taehyung rubbed his hands against the pajama pants, Jungkook could sense in his scent how frightened he was.

"It will be ok, Yoongi is a good person," Jungkook lowered his voice tapping Taehyung's shoulder to give him courage.

The boy only nodded passing Jungkook to stop at the entrance to the basement and wait. Female and male students weren't allowed to use the bathrooms at the same time, so Jungkook was sure Vanessa had woken up earlier and came here during their shower time to annoy them. She's so bad, he thought shaking his head returning to the room to push the door open and stop at the sight of Jimin sitting on his own bed.

"Hi, you're back," Jungkook glanced around closing the door carefully.

He wasn't even sure how Jimin was managing to sneak out and come back unnoticed. He apparently had a secret key to the East Gate from his cousin the gardener, but Jimin's life was way too mysterious to be simply cracked. The memories of last night woke up filling Jungkook's insides with pure fire, yet for the first time in his life he had no idea how to approach someone he has just slept with.

"Hi," Jimin squeezed the mattress with his fists when Jungkook noticed bruises all over his hands, the knuckles were swollen like after a fight.

"What happened?" He asked ignoring the cold shivers all over his body.

So someone had tried to take advantage over Jimin in his heat state. Was he successful? Jungkook's insides crumbled from anger, his wolf raised in fury as no one else was allowed to touch his omega.

"Heat sucks," muttered Jimin looking up and Jungkook stepped back in shock at the sight of his face, pale like a ghost, so worn out as if he has had just relived a thousand heats, with visible signs of being punched several times.

Thank you so much for all your amazing feedback. What do you think about Jungkook's morning? What has happened to Jimin?

Much <3