47. Here and now

There was the faint light of a new day raising over the beach while the city behind them was waking up slowly

There was the faint light of a new day raising over the beach while the city behind them was waking up slowly. They had landed just two hours ago, found a hotel not so far from the promenade, had left all luggage there.

New life was starting so abruptly, totally unexpected, unprepared.

Jimin was still trembling inside as he had been the one who has destroyed their peaceful future, because he had presented as the wrong one.

Will his parents ever forgive him?

There was total silence, just the rustling of the waves and the squealing of seagulls, but both had too many thoughts to voice them out now.

There was a pile of rocks they climbed to sit down and watch the sunrise.

"New day, new beginning," muttered Jungkook when Jimin only nodded.

"Are you disappointed?" He whispered.

"No... I'm shocked, but deeply down inside I had been suspecting it. Yoongi has given me a hint two days ago, but I was refusing to believe. You were the least omega like omega I have ever met, but..." Jungkook chuckled to himself. "This is what made me fall for you."

"Thanks," Jimin blushed.

"So you have known I'm your mate, since the ball?" His doe eyes were filled with some regret when their gazes crossed.

"Yes," Jimin shivered.

Could they find a way for themselves despite all the odds?

"You and Yoongi are really so bad, how could you hide it all. I have told you about pretending to be an omega."

"I'm sorry, but... I had no idea how to tell you. I wasn't sure if I wanted to reveal my identity back then and I thought you might not choose me."

"Why? I'm your mate? Don't you want me?" Asked Jungkook stunned.

"I do. You know I do, but we're both alphas and as you see it complicates things."

"We will fight for our right to be together," Jungkook closed his fists.

"Of course we will, but we will run, hide, fight many battles, no peaceful life ahead, no possibility for our own place, just that, two boys on the run to spend as much time together as they can."

"Jimin! Look at me," Jungkook took his hands squeezing them in his palms. "This is our place, you and me, this is the place we have. We as humans are always chasing things while all we really have is here and now and our memories, the rest is just illusions."

Jimin's heart sped up when he was listening to this, his beautiful mate who was so young yet carried such huge wisdom, so he smiled finally able to relax.

"Thank you, I couldn't have dreamed out a better mate," he whispered leaning in to kiss Jungkook's cheek lightly then cuddled into him watching the magnificent sunrise while drowning in his favorite scent. The future might be cloudy, but they were here, free, together and today, only that mattered.

"Let's mate tonight," said Jungkook caressing into his hair. "Whenever the world gets crazy we will at last have that."

"Ok," Jimin just nodded pressing his nose to his mate's scent glade, free-falling.

Thank you so much for all your love and the amazing feedback you are giving this story

Thank you so much for all your love and the amazing feedback you are giving this story. I have no words to describe how happy I am being able to share my writing with you and receive your huge support and encouragement. Forever thankful 💜

So what are your thoughts on book 1? Jikook's bitter-sweet happy ending?
I will give you a double update today, the next chapter is the first of book 2. I hope you continue to follow Jikook's and Taegi's journey with me. See you in book 2.

💜