32. Fairy godmother

"Why?" Jimin pressed out although he knew

Jungkook had won the bet, had had his fun, was moving ahead in life while he was stuck here until some powerful alpha asks for his hand.

I could have been the one asking... but not for you, he thought looking into his favorite doe eyes which today were filled with such pain it was heartbreaking.

"Come, you will walk me to uncle's car," Jungkook moved so Jimin followed him on weak legs, they were staying quiet walking closely, passing other students, inches apart, yet worlds away. The front door they had kissed in front after the ball emerged messing him up, but both left to stop on those stairs. Will that be their last meeting, Jimin's insides twisted dangerously, how much he had wished to feel Jungkook's real scent of cherry and desert dust at last one more time.

There were finally no students here, just Jungkook's uncle waiting in some distance at his car.

"Jimin, I... don't know how to tell you, but," Jungkook took his hands squeezing them tightly. "The time we had was the best and I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have had to properly meet you. I... I haven't been completely honest with you though," Jungkook blushed when Jimin's heart sped up. "I came here because I have seen a picture of you and because Vanessa had mentioned that you're not allowing anyone to touch you, so in my stupid alpha pride I had made a bet with my best friend that I will become and omega for a month and... yes... bed you," Jungkook took a loud breath in when Jimin was standing there thankful he has heard most of that from Yoongi a month ago. "There's no Jeon Kook, I'm sorry. It's just me Jungkook, an idiot who had no respect for omegas, but after meeting you and seeing the life of the students here I gained all respect for you. You guys are so brave and amazing, you deserve so much better than what that mental society is giving you," Jungkook bit his lip, his hands trembled. "And I'm sorry for lying to you, for misusing your innocence, but I really care and I have fallen for you. After our night at the ball I realized it's impossible to come back here and continue to lie to you. I know it will be more difficult to be away, but... I need to decide what to do about that thing between us further. I'm so sorry, this whole month I was missing you like crazy... Jimin, I'm rambling here and you... please say something."

"What?" Jimin shrugged.

"I don't understand."

"You've said it all," Jimin bit his lip as his chin was staring to tremble.

"Please don't be mad, as Jungkook or as Kook I care about you equally. The night we have had was the best ever, no one has made me so happy, so fulfilled."

"Jungkook... if I'm not your mate..." a few tears suddenly left Jimin's eyes rolling over his cheeks.

"Jimin please, don't cry," Jungkook used his thumbs to caress his tears off. "It doesn't make any sense to me, how... I mean. I'm obsessed with you, in love with you, but... how..." Jungkook's voice cracked.