4. That alpha

"Has he answered?" Tae's dark eyes carried deep worry when they were sitting in a cafe at the pier eating ice cream

"No," Yoongi's insides flipped.

Each hour of silence was making the chance Jimin is still alive lower and he couldn't have that, not after everything they had been through.

Yoongi's hand unconsciously wandered towards his arm to pull the sleeve up and trace the scars. The gasp of horror Tae gave out brought him back to here and now, so Yoongi covered his marks immediately.

Tae's eyes were huge, raised open in such shock he blushed looking away.

"Speak," he muttered, as he exactly knew the omega has been trained to always keep quiet and hide all his opinions and emotions.

"That..." Tae's voice cracked.

"Those are the most important scars I'm carrying," Yoongi was speaking to the table top twisting the ice cream cup in his fingers.

Tae stayed quiet, so he sighed looking up at a group of passing high school boys. They must have been from the local alpha academy, all walking down the pier in a nonchalant way, all wearing the same dark school uniforms.

The days when him, Jungkook, Hobi and Namjoon were claiming the top locations in the city raising attention with they Royal Alpha Academy uniforms became so vivid. Jimin should have been one of them, had he decided differently.

Tae also noticed the alphas, what made him scoop into himself.

"Don't worry, no one will harm you. I will always protect you," Yoongi caught his mate's terrified gaze.

Tae nodded quickly, but bit his lip, took a loud breath in.

"Yoongi," he spoke, definitely using his name for the very first time. "Has an alpha wounded you?"

Yoongi's insides responded with an abrupt flip.

"Yes," he said lifting his sleeve a bit to expose the upper parts of the wounds. "I have almost died saving that alpha's life?"

"Why?" Asked Tae in horror.

"How to put it. There's an alpha who's power is so huge, there has never been one more powerful walking our world. The day that power opened he had absolutely no control over it and I had to stop him from hurting himself and many people," the images of the April night when he has almost died at that lake were storming back with impact.

Of course Jimin was dangerous, he was also the most in control alpha he has ever met, beside himself.

"You mean the day of that alpha presenting?" Asked Tae shifting in the chair nervously.

"Yes," Yoongi bit his lip.

"But... I've thought... I mean... that alphas present in sealed places were they can't hurt anyone," Tae was so pale, Yoongi was afraid the boy might get up and run.