24. Fated

"Is it overdone?" Taehyung was fixing the bow tie watching himself in the long mirror in the preparation room when Jimin gazed at his friend

"You look great," he said taking a few pieces of jewelry from the box his mother has sent him with her chosen outfit.

"Wow! You look stunning," Tae turned when Jimin blushed horribly.

"My mum likes to overreact," he muttered walking to the mirror to attach the long diamond earrings. Kook has dressed up first and had left the preparation room some minutes ago saying his brother's friend is already waiting for him. It was messing Jimin's insides up from jealousy to think that tonight that alpha from the Kim family will lead his omega to the ballroom, dance with him, place his hands on his waist.

Stop, he begged himself as his wolf became restless to taste blood.

"I don't know if I can do it," Tae suddenly walked towards the chairs at the back of the room to sink on one.

"Hey, we will be fine. How Kook has told me today, we need to be brave," Jimin approached his best friend to take his hands into his palms and squeeze.

"I can't, what if..." a few tears rolled down Tae's face so Jimin used the sleeve of his shirt to caress them off.

"Yoongi won't hurt you, you have my word for it," he said seriously.

"Ok," Tae took a long breath in, he was tense and pale and Jimin could feel the fear in his scent.

"We will be fine," he assured when the door opened and principal Han entered the room.

"The Min car is approaching the main gate. Taehyung are you ready," she was wearing a very old fashioned dark green dress that made her resemble a giant frog.

Tae became so pale Jimin was sure he might faint.

"Is Kim Namjoon here?" He asked ignoring the jealousy which filled his insides.

"Is that your interest Park?" Principal Han looked at him stunned.

"He has invited my roommate," Jimin kept her stare.

"Yes, he's already downstairs, but he has come with Kook's uncle. Taehyung keep going," she looked at the boy who grabbed Jimin's arm as if begging for protection.

"Can I accompany Tae downstairs?" Asked Jimin immediately.

"Why would that be necessary?" Principal Han was more than irritated.

"Because the school hasn't protected his sister and he is traumatized by what has happened to her, so he will need every form of mental support now," Jimin spoke calmly when Han's face darkened.

"So you know?" She pressed out.

"If I were you, I'd wait until Tae's mate, Mr. Min Yoongi finds out," he said watching all blood leaving her face.

"Stop," begged Taehyung pulling on his jacket.

"Taehyung, Park, let's go then," Han was trying to stay calm opening the door guiding them outside.

The door on the other side opened abruptly and Vanessa fell outside, her cheeks were all flashed, but her smile faded immediately when she looked at Jimin.

"My dear Vanessa, please wait until I come for you," Han forced a smile on her face.

"I'm sorry principal," Vanessa bowed politely spreading her dress over the floor like a real princess. "I have hoped that the noble alpha who has invited me has come," she spoke when Jimin was trying his best to hold in the laughter.

"Oh dear, Jung Hoseok is on his way, but he's not here yet," principal Han was using her over sweetened tone.

"Of course principal, I will wait patiently," Vanessa bowed again turning around to hide in the preparation room for girls, Jimin could hear how hard she had banged the door.

"Ah! Poor thing," principal Han sighed. "She has set herself too high expectations."

"I wasn't begging for the Jeon's attention," muttered Jimin when the principal sent him a killer glance.

"You Park are the reason why I will go bald soon," she hissed. "But it is how it is, so we have to handle it, both of us."

"I know," Jimin nodded when all of them become quiet continuing to walk down the corridor towards the main staircase.

Tae was keeping behind Jimin squeezing his arm painfully, Jimin could sense his body shivering, but all he could do for his friend now was to be here while they were walking down the stairs towards the main hall. There was a small crowd there when Jimin's heart sped up at the sight of his other best friend, wearing a black tuxedo to an extremely elegant shirt, his shoulder long black hair styled a bit was an exemption from his ordinary messy rockstar look. Tae gasped stopping on the top of the stairs.

"Mr. Min, I'm presenting you omega Kim Taehyung. Unfortunately Park was stubborn enough to play the part of mental support," principal Han bowed her head in front of Yoongi who answered with a ninety degree bow. "So polite," she whispered when Jimin pulled Tae forward, his heart now a beating mess as he was so afraid Yoongi and Tae might be disappointed after the meeting. Tae was standing with his head low trembling like a leaf in a storm not daring to look up when Yoongi approached limping up the stairs. Jimin's insides all guilt when the images of last night's fight became so vivid.

"Jimin, thank you for being a great friend, I'll handle from here," Yoongi caught his gaze so Jimin moved aside when Tae cried out reaching for his arm, his frightened eyes fell on Yoongi who stopped abruptly, his eyes becoming shiny red when Tae gasped and Jimin looked up to find his friend's orbs had turned to glowing golden. The alpha and omega were watching each other like hypnotized when he felt such emptiness so suddenly.

Of course a forbidden part of him has always wished to find his mate, but Kook wasn't...

Yoongi cleared his throat bowing in front of Taehyung who has been standing there frozen covering his face in total shock.

"Hello, Taehyung, I'm honored to finally meet you," Yoongi spoke calmly, but Tae still wasn't able to utter a word. "Would you be ok to accompany me to the ballroom?"

Taehyung nodded slightly when Yoongi gave him a sign to follow while walking two steps down. Tae's frightened now back to normal eyes rested on Jimin.

"Go," Jimin smiled reassuringly and Taehyung's moved his feet down the stairs walking in some distance to Yoongi who was completely calm, when Jimin felt something scratching in his throat, because his two best friends were meant to be.

"They're mates," he muttered glancing at principal Han when she nodded.

Thank you so much for all your love. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. What do you think about the ball preparation and Taegi's meeting? How will Jimin react to meet alpha Jungkook?

Much <3