lake

Margos POV

It's officially the year I'll graduate. Time is going by too slow but at least I will get to graduate. Spring break is coming up soon and god am I ready for it. I'm sitting at the lakeside, on the dock. It's kind of chilly but I still have my feet in the water and Billy's jean jacket on me. Billy Joel's song Vienna shots through my head phones.
"Slow down you crazy child." -I quickly stop the music and turn it to the next song. Seek and destroy from metallic, one of Billy's songs. I lean my back onto the dock and watch the clouds pass up in the sky. I close my eyes and let the music be the only thing in my mind. Until my thoughts seize in, again. Am I exaggerating? I feel so weird and different without Billy. I never thought I could feel this way. I would have never imagined this is how I'd be right now. I even had nightmares start at the beginning of this year. It's an overlapping battle of remembrance. Billy plays on and on in my head, like an ongoing loop of music. I've seen Billy dying on replay so many times, that I can tell you every single small detail of his death. It definitely doesn't make me feel better. I thought I was getting back to being myself again. But there's no way in hell I'll be the same, not without Billy.

------

I woke up and realized I'm still on the dock at the lake. I must've fallen asleep. The sun is setting, I've been out here for hours. I was supposed to see Robin tonight, she must be worried. I slowly get up and gather my music. Something in me doesn't want to leave but I need to. I'm starving as well. Some tears try and come out of my eyes and I wipe them away. It's getting dark and I just feel so tired.

------

Robins POV

I feel terrible for Margo. I wish I was there when Billy died so I could've been there for her. Max and Lucas told me the story while she was in the hospital. I tried to see how she was many times afterward, but she'd never let me in. I understood why she wouldn't so I gave her space. I was worried when she didn't show up to school but she finally come months after. I was so glad when she ran into my arms. I was also surprised. I'm so happy that I waited for her to come to me, I know she just needed time. I notice it all the time, ever since, that she needs space and time away occasionally. I'm just grateful to have her in my life again. Today, she was supposed to come by family video. Steve and I got jobs here after the mall 'burned down'. We planned to go to my house and spend the night together after I got off of work but she never showed. If she says she'll do something she'll always do it. It's hours after she was supposed to come, I'm now completely worried. I forced Steve to come with me so we can search for her. I know she doesn't know Steve too well but I needed help. I searched some different spots where I'd thought she'd be. We didn't find her anywhere. So, I had to call max and ask her where she thinks she might be. Max suggested lovers lake because her and Billy would constantly be there together. Steve drove us to the lake and we walked around the whole thing, almost. Then we reached the dockside, where Margo was. A deep sigh of relief left me. I just wanted to make sure she was okay. She was sitting on the edge, looking amongst the water. Then, I saw her look up at the moon. I smiled at myself, I know she's not okay. She puts on a brave face for her friends because we help her forget her memories for a while. But then when she's alone again, everything comes back to the surface. I wish I could stay with her forever but I know max can help her more than I can. They can help each other.
"Margo." I say before she turns over to face me. There were dried tears on her cheeks. I smiled, kneeled down and hugged her immediately. Steve was behind me, away from the dock.
"Just give me one more minute, okay?" Margo asked me.
"Yeah okay." I said and walked back to Steve.
"Let's just give a her a minute." I told Steve and he sighed.
"So what did he like abuse her or something?" Steve asks me and I scoff. How dare he ask me that.

-------

"So what did he like abuse her or something?" Steve asks Robin. I was standing still on the dockside. I told Robin to let me stay for one more minute. I didn't even know Steve was here with her. I heard him ask her an intense question. Anger filled in my veins. I quickly got up and made my way to them.
"Are you insane?" I yelled at Steve. He look bewildered, like he didn't even know what he said wrong.
"What the fuck is wrong with you." I shout in his face.
"I was just asking." He replies, putting his hands up in defense. "Because you know, you've been taking all of this so hard, you know." He mumbles out.
"You mean the love of my life's death?!" I scream at him. Who does he think he is? Am I too unhappy for him? I shove him down to the ground. Now I realize why Billy didn't like him. He quickly got back up and started to back away.
"Hey, hey I'm sorry okay." He said but I didn't want to hear it. I knocked the shit out of his face, which made him fall over. God my hand hurts but its worth it. Robin came over to me. She was surprised about what I did to Steve.
"He shouldn't have said that Margo, I'm sorry." She said and I nudged her hand off of my shoulder.
"Sorry I can't do this right now. I got to go." I said and started to run away. I just need to get away. A good run will make me feel better, at least a little bit.

-------