chrissy

Margos POV

Max jolts awake, which wakes me too.
"You okay?" I ask max and she just nods, still trying to catch her breathe. I get up and use the restroom. When I'm done I notice max was out of her room, so I found her in the kitchen. I saw her take some pills, just like me. I sighed and stood beside her. I knew she had a nightmare, I'm shocked I didn't.
"You want to talk about it?" I question her. She knows I'll never pressure her to talk but I'm here if she needs to. Suddenly, police sirens sound like they're getting closer to us. For some reason I feel scared. Max and I rush out to the porch and watch many police cars stop in front of eddies trailer. I give max a confused look.
"That Munson boys up to no good again." Susan says from behind us. She obviously doesn't know that Eddie and I are best friends. I just ignore her. Cops quickly go inside his trailer. Max starts to make her way over there so I follow her. We both see a body, I don't know how to describe it's state of being, almost fucked up? It scares us both, seeing someone so messed up. A cop urgently tells us to go away frightening us both, so we run back to her trailer, then in her room.
"What the fuck was that?" I asked, still full of fear.
"I, I don't know. That was crazy right? Margo... I think that was Chrissy Cunningham." Max states and I furrow my brows while thinking.
"At Eddies? No way." I reply.
"I think we should tell someone. I mean figure this out. What if, what if this is all, ya know... " max says, I nod. I know what she's saying which terrifies me.
"Let's go to Dustins." Max says and quickly changes clothes. I grab my stuff and hurry as well.

-------

"Chrissy Cunningham? You sure it was Chrissy." Dustin asks us. We made it to his house, we're now in his room.
"Yes, I saw her in her cheer leading outfit." Max said. "I also didn't mention this but after you fell asleep Margo, I saw Chrissy and Eddie together, they went into his trailer last night." She said.
"Why? This is so confusing." I whispered, trying to put two and two together.
"Did you tell all of this to the cops?" Dustin asked us.
"No." We both answered him.
"Eddie the freak with Chrissy the cheerleader." Dustin stated.
"Exactly." Max said what I was thinking.
"It makes no since." I chime in. I mean Eddie won't even tell me any of his crushes. Maybe he liked her? But she's with Jason, I don't get it.
"His names not on the news yet or anything but I guarantee you Eddie is number one suspect now." Max said and gave me an apologetic look. I bit my finger nail from the anxiety. Another person I care about targeted, not like last year, please not like last year.
"That's crazy Eddie didn't do this, no way." Dustin replied.
"Yeah, no fucking way." I spoke up.
"Well we can't rule it out." Max said, god it's like last year, she's wrong again.
"Yes we can." Dustin said.
"Max, Eddie is not a murderer!" I replied.
"You don't know him like I do. Like Margo and I do, max." Dustin said and I crossed my arms.
"When we got to high school, Lucas made all his sports friends. Mike and me, I mean no one was nice to us. No one except Eddie." Dustin said and I smiled. Then, max says some stupid shit about Ted Bundy. I roll my eyes and look away from her. I hold my head as it begins to hurt from all this dumb shit. I groan at her words.
"Why haven't you told the cops this?" Dustin asks us after he sits on his bed. I look down at my shoes and place my hands on my hips. All of this is bringing back the same tortures of what happened last time, last year.
"After I saw Eddie and Chrissy go in the trailer, something else happened." Max said then stopped.
"What happened?" I asked her. I can't believe she didn't tell me this. I wish I didn't fall asleep.
"The lights flickered at my trailer, then I heard Eddie scream and he sped off in his van." Max finished. I thought to myself and missed what else she said. What happened? Was this all related to the upside down? Is Eddie okay?
"Something else had to of killed her." I say, retreating to Dustins words.
"That's impossible right?" Max asked.
"I mean it should be but there's only one person that knows what happened." Dustin replies.
"Eddie." Max and I say together.
"Let's go, we have to figure this out." I say and follow the kids out of the house. Dustins mother is a really sweet women. I made sure to tell her to have a good day before we left, I like her. Dustin asked me if I might know where Eddie would hide. If Eddie had a secret spot or somewhere safe to go. I couldn't think of anything expect for our smoke spot at lovers lake, but there's no way he's there. It's in plain sight. So dustins plan is to go to family video and call everyone who knows Eddie, to see if they know where he might be. It was a good idea, I just didn't want to see Steve. But we're not worried about me right now, we have to find Eddie. I hope he's okay and not flayed like billy was.
We all rushed into family video as soon as we got there. There were three phones available to call people. Dustin searched for eddies friends phone numbers but I knew a few. Max and I rush around the counter, unlike Dustin.
"Margo what's happening?" Robin asks me.
"Fill them in." Dustin says to us.
"Fill us in on what?" Robin asks. I look over at max and sigh. So that's what we did, we filled her in. Then, we started to make phone calls. God some of eddies friends are unbearable.
"Hey guys I might have a lead." Max says. I walk over to her side.
"Apparently Eddie gets his drugs from some guy named reefer Rick and sometimes Eddie crashes there." Max says.
"God damnit, I'm an idiot. I didn't think he'd be there but yeah that's a great lead." I respond. He's told me about reefer Rick, I just don't much about him. Yeah, he gets drugs from him but that's about it.
"Where does he live?" Robin asks.
"That's it, no one knows." Max answers her.
"Yeah, I don't even know." I say, putting my hands up in defense.
"Maybe the cops know." Steve chimes in. I give him a mean look.
"What?" I madly ask him.
"I mean, listen, if this reefer Rick is really a drug dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at some point. Means he's in the system." Steve says.
"The cops? Really Steve? That's your suggestion?" Dustin asks Steve. Yeah really?
"I mean at this point I believe they should be filled in on what we know, what's going on." Steve replies and I shake my head and scoff.
"Stupid fucking dumbass." I mutter under my breathe.
"You think Eddie's guilty?" Dustin asks him.
"Yeah of course he does." I angrly say. Steve tries to defend himself but yeah basically he thinks Eddie killed Chrissy. I know Eddie didn't. Then, Robin gets a bright idea when Steve says how much selection of movies they have. He was saying how hard it can be to find a movie and Robin agreed. Her idea is to search through people in their system, to possibly find reefer Rick.
"Genius Rob." I say happily and watch her type in names. We go over many people with the name of ricks. We finally found one applicable, and left immediately.

--------

It was dark as soon as we got there. Its like no one was home. Dustin was being obnoxious, banging and yelling at the door. Then, max went to the side of the house so I went with her. That's where we found a shed or a boathouse? We all made are way over there in search of Eddie. It was dark but luckily we had our flashlights.
"Steve seriously." I say as he pokes the tarp on the boat. God I hate this guy.
"Hey look over here. Someone was here." Max says, Robin and I go to her and see wrappers and beers on a table. Dustin and Steve keep on chatting.
"Maybe he heard us, got spooked and ran." Robin said.
"Yeah maybe." I responded.
"Don't worry, Steve will get him with his oar." Dustin said.
"I know you think you're being funny Henderson but considering the fact that everyone in this room has nearly died about a hundred times, personally I don't find it funny in the slight--" Steve rambled on until someone jumped out on him. I gasped loudly but then realized it is Eddie. We found him.
"Eddie!" Dustin and I yelled. We both started to approach him. Eddie looks Dustin in the eyes, still holding a beer can close to Steve's throat. It's just Steve, oh well.
"It's me, dustin. This is Steve, he's not gonna hurt you right steve? Steve why don't you drop the oar." Dustin calmly says and Eddie gets closer to Steve as it drops. He still hasn't noticed me yet.
"What are you doing here?" Eddie asks us. Poor Ed, he looks scared.
"We're looking for you." Dustin answers him.
"We're here to help." Robin adds on.
"Eddie these are my friends. You know Robin from band, this is my friend max. The one who never wants to play dnd." Dustins says. He's about to introduce me but I speak up. I wasn't exactly in his eye range so I move closer as I talk.
"Eddie, hey." I say and he looks me in the eyes. I can see his face soften at the realization of me being here. "Honestly you can hurt Steve if you want, I mean who cares." I shrug.
"Hey." Steve says and I roll my eyes.
"Margo." Robin says and I exaggerate my shrug.
"No, no. We don't want that." Dustin says to Eddie. I just scoff.
"Eddie we're on your side. I swear on my mother, right guys." Dustin says and I place my head in my hand.
"Yes yes." The girls say.
"On dustins mother." Steve adds on.
"Seriously?" I ask Dustin and he shrugs. Eddie let's Steve go, finally. Robin checked on Steve, and I could care less about him. Dustin walks to Eddie but I go to him first. He's not okay, I can tell. He dropped himself onto the wall and slid down it.
"Hey Eddie." I whispered.
"We just want to talk." Dustin said and got beside me.
"We want to know what happened." Robin said.
"You want believe me." Eddie replied. I felt terrible for Eddie. He has no idea what the fuck is wrong with this world. The secrets underneath Hawkins. The death and monsters that are hidden from most eyes.
"Try us." Max suggested. I felt myself tear up as Eddie told us the story of last night. How Chrissy died. It was confusing and terrifing. He didn't understand it and neither did I. There's no doubt about it that this has to do with the upside down. It was different though, not the same as last year. It's worse. All I could remember was Billy and his death. After Eddie finished his stort I had to run outside. I felt like a selfish moron. I sobbed and fell onto the grass. I heard Dustin tell to Eddie about how Hawkins is cursed. I stayed on the ground for awhile and pulled myself together before I went back in. I think it's time I told Eddie the truth. He deserves to know.

--------