nightmares

Margos POV

I stayed with Eddie after everyone left. I didn't want him to be alone, not after what he went through. I was sitting next to Eddie on the floor, our backs on the wall.
"So, you've known about all this, for how long?" Eddie asks me about the secrets of Hawkins.
"Well, I could tell you the truth if you want, it's just a long story." I say and he nods. I sigh and prepare myself. I pull my knees to my chest and look before me.
"I told you that Billy died in a fire but he actually died because of um well, Hawkins curse I guess." I said, looking away from Eddie. I turned back to his gaze and saw his apologetic face. I teared up but wasn't about to cry. I told him how Billy died. How I found out about Hawkins secrets and everything.
"So, yeah. I know I took his death really hard well, that's why. Because he was taken from me. I don't know why he had to die or why he had to be flayed. I still don't get it." I finished and finally started to cry. I held my head in my hands. Eddie placed his hands on my shoulders and pulled me into a side hug. I fell in his embrace, held onto him and sobbed. I'm just glad he knows now.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I say as I get out of his hug and stand up. I wipe off my tears and try to pull myself together. I look away from Eddie and get my breathing back to normal.
"Hey don't be sorry." Eddie replies and stands up too.
"I know, I just feel selfish talking about the past when you're going through shit right now." I respond and sigh. I run my hand through my hair and look at Eddie.
"You're not being selfish. You went through something awful. Yeah, now I am but I'm glad you got to tell me the truth." He says and I nod.
"Yeah me too." I reply.
"You getting tired?" I ask Eddie.
"I don't think I'll be able to sleep but yes I am tired." He answers me and chuckles.
"Well, let's try to lay down at least." I say and move stuff out of the boat. I guess we can sleep here, it's better than the floor. Eddie and I both get into the boat. It's a little crammed but there's enough room for us to be side by side. I lay on my right side and face Eddie, he lays on his side as well.
"Thanks for staying with me. I really didn't want to be alone." Eddie spoke up and I smiled.
"I knew you didn't." I replied. I remembered back once when I slept in eddies bed. We have had plently of sleep overs at each other's house, when we were younger. On one particular night, before Wayne had full custody of Eddie. Eddies dad was home arguing with some of his friends. I was over and Eddie was scared. His dad was a dealer and got into some bad friendships. So I made sure to lock his door and sleep beside him so he didn't feel alone and scared.
"Reminds me of us years ago." I speak up. I was just in my train of thought and Eddie was playing with his rings. I know he won't sleep until it kills him to.
"Yeah, back when my dad wasn't in jail." He replied. Yeah, he knew what I was thinking about. I nodded and gave him an apologetic smile.
"You always keep me safe." He said and I giggled.
"What?" He asked me. I just shook my head and stopped laughing.
"I'm not some protector, I just know how to make you feel better. Plus, I wouldn't leave you alone. Not after shit like this or with your dad." I answered him.
"Well, that's what I meant Margo." He said in a goofy way. I shoved his shoulder to mess with him. I held his hand, I used to do it when we were kids. It helps him go to sleep.
"No I won't be afraid.
Oh, I won't be afraid.
Just as long as you stand,
Stand by me." I sang quietly to Eddie. He gives me a sweet smile.
"Go to sleep, Ed." I softly say.
"Sure, mom." He replies and closes his eyes. I gently chuckle and decide to sleep as well.

-------
Morning
--------

"Billy!" Max yells as Billy get struck in the chest by the monster and falls to the ground.
I quickly sit up from the nightmare I just had. My breathe is shakey and my skin is hot. I remember Max's voice as she yelled his name. It haunts me. It's the last thing I heard before I officially blacked out from the blood loss. Eddie gets up soon after me. I recollect my head, I'm in the boathouse.
"You okay Margo?" He asks me and I nod. I take a deep breathe in and out while Eddie rubs my back. I lean my elbow on the side of the boat. The view of the lake infront of us is quite beautiful. I admire it as Eddie talks.
"Was it a nightmare?" He asks me.
"Yeah." I respond. I don't want to talk about it, he knows I won't.
"How'd you sleep?" I ask him.
"Not bad honestly." He said and jumped out of the boat. I just wanted to stay here for now.
"How'd you sleep?" He retains my question.
"Okay." I shrug.
"Shit, shit." Eddie mutters.
"What?" I quickly ask.
"I heard something shh." He replies and shushes me. I slowly get out of the boat and stay behind Eddie, whose peering out of the window.
"Jesus!" Eddie shouts as max, Dustin, Robin and Steve come inside. I held my chest out of being scared, then took a deep breath.
"Delivery service." Dustin says with a grin. Eddie quickly takes the bag and sits at the end of the boat. I sit beside him as everyone makes there way around us. Eddie tosses handfuls of cereal in his mouth. I open a Yahoo and drink some.
"Don't hog it all." I say too Eddie and snatch some cereal.
"So we uh got some good and bad news. How do you prefer it?" Dustin asks Eddie.
"Bad news first, always." Eddie answers him.
"Yeah duh." I say as he proceeds.
"We tapped into the Hawkins pd dispatch with our cerebro and they're definitely looking for you." Dustin says and I facepalm. "Oh also they're convince you killed Chrissy." Dustin adds on. Oh really?
"Like 100% convinced." Max chimes on.
"God dammit." I mutter.
"And the good news." Dustin trys to speak but Robin interrupts him. "You're name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." Robin says and I groan loudly. Eddie is really just taking all of this news. I bet is mind is going crazy right now.
"Oh wow rob. Good way to keep it sweet and simple." I say and she puts her hands up in defense.
"How else am I supposed to tell him." She asks and I shake my head. Just not that way, Robin.
"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie says. I look at him with sorrow.
"Exactly." Robins replies.
"Shit." Eddie mutters.
"Dammit dammit." I place my face in my hands and sigh. What are we going to do about Eddie?
"So before that happens we need to find vecna, kill him and prove your innocence." Dustin says.
"That's all Dustin, that's all." Eddie replies and he nods.
"Yeah no that's pretty much it." Dustin responds.
"If it were only that easy." I say and stand up. Everything is a lot right now.
"Someone always has to die, am I right?" I shout. "I mean what Barbara... Bob... My Billy.... and now Chrissy. I bet theres been so much more and of course there will be more." I whisper that part. "Someone always dies." I say with anger, then sadness.
"We hope it doesn't have to come down to that." Steve replies and I shake my head. They're really trying to keep Eddie have a calm mind, I guess I'm not helping. But it's all the truth.
"Listen Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional but we've actually been through this before. I mean they have a few time but me and Margo, once." Robin says and start babbling on. Then they discuss El and her powers. Everything just ends up confusing Eddie.
"There's nothing to worry about." Dustin says to Eddie. I scoff loudly. Then, sirens start to loudly sound, making us panic.
"Tarp, tarp." Robin quietly says to Eddie and he quickly hides under it. We watch them fastly pass through the street in front of the boathouse.
"Eddie we gotta go. We're gonna see what's happening." Dustin yells to Eddie before he peers out of the boat. I run to Eddie and hug him.
"I'm going to go with them but I'll see you later, okay?" I say to Eddie before leaving.

-------