upside down

Margos POV

We meet with Robin and Nancy. A bat just attacked Nancy's back so Robin is helping her get it off. Eddie swings an oar around and hits many bats. I try to go to Steve and help him(surprising right) but a bat clings to my side. The same side I got fucked up last year. I screamed out in mind and ripped it off of me. I swear it took skin with it. I throw it far away from me and rush away from anymore. A couple more come my way so I stand by Eddie. He can help protect me since I have nothing to hit them with. Robin finally gets the bat off of Nancy. And Steve swings the bat off of himself. My side hurts like a bitch but I can't worry about that now. Eddie kills another bat, by smashing it right in its face. Lastly, Steve kills his bat by ripping it in half. Nice move there. He doesn't look well at all. We finally have a second where there are no bats.
"Fuck." I mutter and hold my side. Everyone goes up to Steve to make sure he's okay, so I join close behind them.
"Jesus h christ." Eddie shouts and throws his oar down.
"Oh my god Steve. Are you okay?" Nancy says as she looks at Steve.
"Well they took about a pound of flesh but other than that, yeah never better." He answers. Eddie comes over to me.
"Did one get you?" He asks and I softly nod. I move my hand and see blood on the center of my palm. Of course, you can't see it on my red sweater.
"Margo." Eddie says and I wince in pain as he tries to move my shirt up. I have a tank top underneath but I know he's trying to see the damage. I move both of the shirts up for him to see. Yup, four narly bite marks oozing with blood, it could be worse. I could look like Steve right now.
"Shit." Eddie mutters. I lock eyes and quickly look away when I realize he noticed my roundish scar from last year. I put my shirts down to cover myself back up.
"I'll be fine Eddie." I say and move to Steve.
"Hey guys do you think these things have rabies?" Robin asks and rambles on about how it's her greatest fear, and so on. Suddenly, many bats make there way over to us. Steve thought we could take them but more seem to be flying our way. I see Eddie get worried and I can't help but feel the same. Nancy tells us to run into the woods, so we all follow her. Robin hates running but I'm totally up for it.

-------
Later

We finally found somewhere to hide. Skull rock. We hide under it, away from the bats. Eddie was so scared but I held him close. He's such a baby, I love it. As we get up, knowing we're clear Deon the bats, Steve falls on the rock behind him. He's obviously fucked up, so Nancy helps him. She wrips off some of her shirt and ties it around his waist. Robin rambles on about rabies again making me roll my eyes. I stand and watch with Eddie. Can't help but feel a weird tension between Steve and Nancy, yuck. Well I guess Steve is fine. Then, Eddie walks up onto a nearby rock.
"So uh this place is like Hawkins but with monsters and nasty shit?" Eddie asks. I chuckle, that's what it looks like to me.
"I know weird huh." I tell him.
"Pretty much. Wait watch out for the vines. It's all a hive mind." Nancy says.
"All a what?" Eddie asks and I'm intrigued.
"All the creepy crawlies around here dude. They're like, one, or something. You step on a vine, you're stepping on a bat, you're stepping on vecna." Steve answers him.
"Shit." Eddie inputs and slowly gets down from the rock. I lend him a hand when he gets to my height.
"But still everything from our world is still here right? Except people?" Robin asks.
"As far as I understand it yeah." Nancy replies.
"So theoretically, we could go to the police station and steal guns and grenades and what ever we need to blow up those bat things that are guarding the gate." Robin says.
"Pfft grenades." I mutter out.
"I highly doubt that the Hawkins pd has grenades Robin. But guns yeah sure" Steve replies.
"But we don't have to go all the way downtown for guns. I have guns in my bedroom." Nancy says and I scoff. A shocking scoff, like intimidating.
"You, Nancy Wheeler, have guns, plural, in your bedroom?" Eddie says and I laugh.
"Full of surprises isn't she?" Robin adds on.
"A Russian makarov and a revolver." Nancy responds.
"Yeah you almost shot me with that one." Steve states.
"You almost deserved it." Nancy replies.
"Wow, okay." I whistle. Then, Eddie throws Steve his jean vest, which hits him in the face.
"For your modesty dude." He tells him.
"How nice of you." I say to Eddie. Out of nowhere the ground begins to shake. I fall backwards on Eddie and he catches me. But he falls to the ground as well. I groan from my side landing on the ground. Steve holds Nancy and Robin stays on the ground, in the same spot she was before. Then, it stops and we hear bats making noises afar.
"So guns seem like a pretty good idea to me." Eddie speaks up.
"I second that." I say and look at him. His face is right beside me. He looks terrified. Steve begins walking and we all follow him, after Eddie helps me stand up. We all follow Nancy's lead. I leave Eddie and Steve together and walk next to Robin and Nancy. After some time, another earth quake happens and I accidentally fall with Robin. Nancy runs off making Robin and I run after her. Just turns out she knew her house was close.

-------

Nancy's house was weird to see in this state for sure. I run upstairs and follow Nancy. She searches for her guns but finds nothing. We couldn't figure out where they were but it all came together. She said the wall paper was old, some things she gave away and her notes were from when she was a sophomore. Then, she read her diary. Everything was from November 6th, 1983. The day Will went missing and when the gate opened. Which shocked us all. Then, we heard Steve screaming.
"Maybe he does have rabies." Robin said as we made it downstairs. He kept screaming Dustin, saying he hears him. We go quiet for a while and actually hear him. Wow. Nancy says how will found a way to speak to Joyce so we can too. Then, Steve notices the chandelier, it's like glowing. It has a sparkle around it's shape. Nancy places her hand in it's and moves it around. Then, we all do. It felt strange and unreal.
"It's tickles." Steve says.
"It kind of feels good." Robin inputs, making Eddie smile.
"Does anyone know Morse code?" Nancy asks us.
"No." We all say.
"Wait does sos count? Does that, does that work?" Eddie asks her.
"Uh yeah." I laugh at Eddie. We watch him continue to do the code. It took a minute but Dustin actually saw the code. So, he told us he'd try to communicate with us upstairs. Yes he knows. All of us huddle next to Nancy's bed, knelt down and facing it.
"You guys seeing this?" Dustin asks us, so Nancy places her hand over her bed and twirls her figures. Whatever they're using, it's working. We all get happy. Nancy uses her fingers to spell out hi. And they can see it. Then she spells 'stuck'. He asks if we're trapped in watergate.
"What's watergate?" Steve asks. Seriously?
"Because it's in water and it's a gate." Robin says.
"Makes sense." I shrug.
"That's cute." Eddie says and I shake my head. So Nancy spells 'guarded'. Dustin tells us he has a theory, how there's a gate at every murder site. This makes complete since. No one else gets it but I keep queit. Nancy asks Eddie how far his trailer is and he says seven miles.
"Uh, I know your house here is like weirdly, creepily frozen in time and shit, but haven't you always had bikes?" Robin asks Nancy. In that since, we grab the bikes and head off. I ride onto the back bars with Eddie and hold on for dear life. After forever, we finally make it too his trailer. I gasp out of shock from seeing the gate.
"This is where Chrissy died. Like right where she died." He said, which gave me an uneasy feeling.
"I think there's something in there." Robin says.
"What the hell is that?" Eddie asks, suddenly something cuts through the opening. We scream out and slowly make our way under it. We peer under it to be faced with Dustin, Lucas, Max and Erica. They're completely upside down from us, it's so weird. I feel happy once I notice Max. She seems glad too.
"Wow this is trippy." I say. Dustin giggles.
"Bada bada boom." He shouts. Then, Lucas drops Eddie's bed for our landing pad.
"Those stains are um I don't know what those stains are." Eddie mutters and I laugh.
"Sure." I mutter. Dustin ties together some of Eddie's sheets and let's them hang loss, which is odd. First, Robin climbs up it and then swings onto the mattress. Eddie insists that I go so he helps me up onto rope. I groan a bit from my bites but make my way through. The feeling of climbing up then suddenly being pulled by gravity was so strange but I made it on the mattress with ease. Robin helped me up and we waited for everyone else. I quickly hugged Max, glad shes safe and okay. Eddie was next and fell fast on his bed. Nancy started to come up but stopped. Steve noticed she was stuck in a trance and we all started to freak out. He tried to wake her up and we ran off to find music. There's no way Eddie has anything here for Nancy. We all rush through his cassettes. I pretty much panic but try to calm myself down.
"Seriously what is all this shit?" Robin yells.
"What are you looking for?" Eddie asks.
"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles. Music we need music!" Robin yells.
"This is music!" Eddie loudly yells back at her.
"Will you guys hush and keep looking!?" I shout at them both. Suddenly, Nancy wakes up from her trance. Steve shouts at us and we all go back to the opening. She wasn't okay mentally but physically she was fine. Steve gets her back up safely and we make sure she's okay. We decided to move locations, we can't stay here with this portal. So, we move to Max's house. Thank god, I can change, shower and eat there. I know I left some clothes there.

--------