preparation

Margos POV

We drove to a random field to prepare our weapons. Robin and Steve stayed next to the mobile home to pour gasoline into bottles. The siblings tied knifes around long sticks for spears. Eddie and Dustin hammered nails into trash can lids. And I was with Nancy and Max, watching Nancy saw the barrel of the shotgun. Everything felt odd. Not just because we were going to war with another dimension villain but because we don't know what to expect. Even though Billy died last year it felt easier. We knew what to do and we did it. I just wish I could keep Max safe. But there is nothing I can do to assure that. I look around to view everyone. Seeing Dustin and Eddie fight like brothers was cute. I hope we make it. We have to make it. They have to at least make it and we have to at least win. We all finished are tasks and decided to start the plan. It's now or never.
"I think we should gear up first. Get changed, shower, whatever we need to do." Nancy said to us as we prepared to enter the mobile home.
"But we have to hurry. We can't load this thing around forever, without getting caught." Steve suggested and smacked the side of the home.
"Yeah I bet I have some clothes at Max's." I say.
"We need to go to my house too. The boys can steal some of Mikes clothes." Nancy said.
"I can't take this back to Max's though. Does anyone have a car nearby?" Steve asks.
"Margo does." Max inputs.
"No, no way." I shake my head, kinda annoyed that she brought that up.
"Come on, we'll just drop you, Max and Robin off at your house. You can change and drive back to Nancy's." Steve suggests.
"What about your car?" I ask him.
"You house is way closer. We're going there and that's final." He says and I pout. Another way to feel worse, drive your dead boyfriends super nice car.

------

Steve dropped Max and Robin off with me at my house. God, I needed this shower. Robin made me and Max go first. I have a guest shower and my mom has her own. This feels like a power up before battle. After I got out I ran my hands through my clothes. Max was fine with hers but Robin and I needed a change for sure. I found her a simple outfit and me, flared jeans, a white long sleeve with Billy's jacket on top and my red converse to pair with it all. It worked, simple and fitting.

-----

Us girls were all clean and finished. I was dreading driving Billy's car. I got his keys out and we huddled into his car. I deeply breathed in the scent that lingered throughout the seats. The girls noticed me stalling so I decided to finally start the car. Max being in the back again gave me flashbacks. I tried to look past it and stick to my gaze and thoughts being on the road before me. I turned on the car and heard the loud familiar sound of the engine. Driving it was weird too, I haven't drove in so long, period. I would rarely drive my mom's car. I used to prefer to skateboard, run or walk. Not only because I was saving up for a car but also because I could enjoy the outside more. The ride there was difficult, I had to keep my thoughts in check. And the girls were practically silent. Halfway to Nancy's I turned on some music to tune out my own head, like always. As soon as I arrived at Nancy's, everyone was ready to leave, thankfully. I decided to leave my car there since it won't hurt anyone. We hurried into the mobile home, Steve driving again.

------

The ride to vecnas house felt even weirder. Everyone was silent, despite mine and Max's music piercing through our ears. I think we were all worried and mentally preparing. First mission, drop Max, and the siblings off at vecnas house, check. I walked out with Max and gave her the longest hug ever.
"You can do it, I believe in you." I said and finally let go. I held her face in my hands for a moment. I felt like a mother but who has was gonna take care of her?
"Walkie if anything happens, okay?" I tell Lucas and he nods in response. I take a deep breathe and go back into the mobile home. It's so difficult to leave Max behind and let her chase her possible death. But I also know what she's capable of and I believe she can distract him and keep herself alive. At least I hope so. The rest of us went back to Eddie's trailer. Before the plan started Nancy wanted to go through it again.
"Phase one?" Nancy asks.
"We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready." Robin answers.
"Phase two?" Nancy asks.
"Max baits vecna. He'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance." Steve answers.
"Phase three?" Nancy asks.
"Eddie, Margo and me will draw the bats away. " Dustin answers and Eddie rubs his hand on Dustins head.
"Four?" Nancy asks.
"We need to head into vecnas newly bat free lair and flambe." Robin answers and puts up one of the glasses full of gasoline.
"Nobody moves on the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?" Nancy finishes.
"Got it." We all say and walk out of the mobile home. Now it was time to re-enter the upside down. Traveling up and then suddenly back down is never going to be fun to me. We all exit the upside down side of Eddie's trailer.
"Hey guys listen. If things start to go South, I mean at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep them busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of vecna. Don't try to be cute or a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just decoys." Steve tells us.
"Don't worry you can be the hero Steve." Dustin says.
"Absolutely, I mean look at us, we are not hero's." Eddie chuckles. I go to Robin and give her a hug.
"I love you rob. Make him pay for Billy, okay?" I ask her and she sweetly nods.
"Hey Steve?" Eddie stops him from walking away. I go back beside Dustin.
"Make him pay." Eddie tells Steve. See, best friends, Eddie and I always thinking alike. Then Robin, Steve and Nancy were off, headed to vecnas house. Us three gathered and stuck anything to barricade Eddie's trailer.
"Not bad." Eddie said.
"Not bad at all." Dustin added on. I crossed my arms, ready for this to be over. I have this bad feeling deep down. And I miss Billy terribly. Maybe because I was in his car not too long ago or because all of this is being me close to him, in relation of last year. But I just fucking miss him. A line of sadness is undergoing in my brain and I want it to stop. I have to be positive and full of fight.
"Now for the fun part." Eddie said and we followed him inside.
"It's like she was destined for an alternate dimension." Eddie says as we go inside of his room and view his guitar. It does look pretty nice in here. All black and rockstarish.
"What do you say, henderson? Are you ready for the most metal concert in the history of the world?" Eddie asks Dustin and I just chuckle.
"That a rhetorical question?" Dustin asks.
"Let's do it." Eddie says and runs out of his room. We both follow him. We got his speakers all ready. This is gonna be loud and epic.

--------