86' baby

Margos POV

It's lunchtime, finally. I grab my tray of food and make my way to my usual table. Of course, it's with Eddie and the gang. I've always been the closest with Eddie but Gareth is close second. The other two boys, from the band, I don't care too much about. I still be nice to them for Eddie though. I guess I walked into something because Eddie was reading out loud from a magazine. I sit next to him, like always. Max typically skips lunch, sadly. Sometimes I won't eat either. I at least like being with Eddie.
"Studies have linked violent behavior to the game, saying it promotes satanic worship, ritual sacrifice-" oh okay so they're talking about dnd, got it. "-sodomy, suicide and even murder." Eddie says and I shake my head at his actions. I can't help but smile though. He's such a goofball.
"We're freaks because we like to play a fantasy game." Eddie adds after talking with his boys. I mess around with my food and get surprised by Eddie. I accidentally gasped at loud, I didn't think he'd jump on the table out of nowhere. But why wouldn't he? This is Eddie we're talking about.
"But as long as your into band, or science or parties or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets!" Eddie shouts and walks down the table. I sit back in my chair and just watch him.
"You want something freak?" Jason asks Eddie. God I wish I could just beat the shit out of that guy but then I wouldn't graduate so that's too bad. Eddie shows him his goofy ass devil face making Jason go away.
"That's what's killing the kids!" He yells and jumps off the table, back on my side. He scared a girl and let some others pass. I chuckle along with Dustin, who I didn't notice sit at the table, with Mike. Eddie finally sits back down. I shove some corn in my mouth and hit eddies shoulder for fun. He makes a dumb face at me which makes me giggle.
"So um speaking of monsters, uh, Lucas has to do his balls in laundry baskets game so he's not going to be able to make it to hellfire tonight." Dustin tells Eddie. -"we were thinking that maybe we can postpone hellfire to another night." Dustin finishes. Oh no. Eddie eats some of his pretzels and stares down the kid. I know he's not gonna be too happy. Poor dustin, he's just the messenger.
"Over my dead body." I hit the big guys shoulder next to me. He exaggerates way too much. The other boys mutter shit which makes the table grow loud.
"Shut up." Eddie yells at the angry boys. I need to stay out of this conversation.
"You're saying Sinclair's been taken in by the dark side?" Eddie's asks Dustin. Seriously Eddie, I shake my head at his remark. I partially get what he means but this is Lucas we're talking about.
"Uh something like that." Mike answers.
"Something like that." Eddie mocks him and throws a pretzel at him.
"Eddie come on." I softly say but he ignores me. He goes on about sub's and postponing and then he gets annoyed and stands up again. What's it with Eddie needing to stand up when he's mad? He's on a whirlwind today. I watch Eddie go on another rampage.
"Can I level with you? Jeff graduates this year. Gareths got what, a year and a half. Me, I am army crawling my way towards a D in Ms. O'Donnells. If I don't blow her final, I'm gonna walk down the stage next month. I'm gonna look principal Higgins dead in the eye, give him the bird and snatch that diploma. And I'm gonna run like hell outta there." I smile at Eddie, God do I know how he feels?
"This year is different. This year is my year, 86' baby." Eddie says and shows us his big grin, how cute.
"86' baby!" I shout.
"Our year Margo, sorry." He bows at me. I give him a sitting bow back.
"You know what that means, you boys are the future of hellfire." Eddie says as he kneels down between Mike and Dustin. Then he talks about how he took them in. He picked them up out of there seats and threw them away to search for a sub. Eddie knows I will not play their game. I have nothing against it, I just don't care enough to try, Eddie respects that.
"What's with you today? Two rampages in one day." I say to Eddie as he sits back at his seat.
"Dear, don't question me. It's hellfire day." He proudly says and I roll my eyes. Eddie always calls me dear, since like forever. And it never makes me fail to roll my eyes. I finish some of my food and decide to find max. I leave Eddie with his boys, whose discussing their game. As soon as I found her outside, Dustin came up to us. He was trying to get her to be the sub for tonight. I tried to stop him but he insisted on asking, I know she won't.
"Do I get one of those cool t shirts?" Max asks.
"Yes." Dustin laughs.
"Really?" Max says, sarcastically.
"Yes, everyone gets a T-shirt. We make them ourselves, and if you... You're..you're being sarcastic aren't you." He says and I laugh hard. No shit Sherlock, it's max we're talking with.

---------