curse

Margos POV

We followed the police to a crime scene. Could this be related to vecna? We all get out of Steve's car and see Nancy talking to a police officer. Well, I guess the gang is slowly getting back together, once again. She's relieved to see us, I can tell. She tells us to meet her at the trailer park, so we do. We all huddle onto an outdoor table. It was time to catch her up on all the crazy shit that has been happening, she'll be delighted to hear it.
"You're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the upside down?" Nancy asks. I bundle Billy's jean jacket close to me, it's getting pretty chilly. I'm just getting nervous talking about this shit.
"If the shoe fits." Steve answers, something I actually agree on.
"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse. Now whether or not he's doing the bidding of the mind flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know." Dustin speaks. I move in my chair, I feel antsy.
"All we know is that it's something different. Something new." Max adds on.
"God I hope so, not like last year." I speak up and shake my head.
"It just doesn't make sense." Nancy says.
"It's just a theory." Dustin shrugs.
"No Fred and Chrissy doesn't make since. I mean why them?" Nancy asks. We've all had that question peeking in the back of our heads.
"Maybe they were just in the wrong place? Were both at the game." Dustin suggests.
"And near the trailer park." Max adds on.
"We're at the trailer park. Should we may not be here?" Steve chimes in. I've always felt fine here.
"There is something about this place. Fred started acting weird the second we got here." Nancy replies.
"Weird as in?" Robin asks.
"Scared... On edge... Upset." Nancy answered.
"Max said Chrissy was upset." Dustin states.
"Yeah but not here, she was crying in the bathroom at school." Max responds.
"Serial killers stalk their prey before they strick, right? So maybe Fred and Chrissy saw vecman -vecna (Dustin corrects her)" Robin says.
"Dunno about you but if I saw a freaky wizard monster I would mention it." Steve adds on.
"Maybe they did." Max suggests.
"Well we saw her walk out of Ms. Kelley's office. She definitely didn't look okay, like she relived her trauma." I spoke up.
"If you saw a monster you wouldn't go to the police, they wouldn't believe you but maybe you'd go to your -(your shrink-Robin inputs)." Max nods.
In that news, we decide to go to Ms. Kelley's house, maybe she'll spill some beans about Chrissy. Nancy tries to say that she has a lead and wants to go on her own. Steve protests and pretty much sounds like a worried boyfriend, which is not his place. It was odd to say the least. Robin decides to tag along with Nancy.
"Rob what?" I ask and go up to her.
"You are not going to leave me what that thing are you?" I whisper to her, referring to Steve.
"You'll be fine, just stick with Max." She holds my shoulders and tells me. She's right.
"Always the goddamn babysitter!" Steve shouts as we all get into the car.
"Shove it Steve, I'm about to graduate." I say and he shakes his head.
"I'm still older than you." Steve replies.
"Not in a maturity sense." I mumble enough for him to hear. He clicks his tongue out of being annoyed.

We make it to Ms. Kelley's house.
"I'll do it." Max says and steps outside.
"Are you sure?" I ask her.
"Yeah, it's fine. I mean you can't go in, she'll know we're up to something. I'll only be a second." Max insists, goes up to her house and enters it. I sigh, I hope this works out.
"Okay, she's in." Steve says.
"I'm missing collar bones not eyes." Dustin replies making me unexpectedly laugh softly. "So are we going to talk about it?" Dustin adds on, asking Steve. I'm just here in the back seat, trying to relax, but I'm definitely not gonna ignore this conversation. Whether I want to or not.
"Huh, sorry talk about what?" Steve asks him.
"Your temporary insanity earlier today when you basically threw yourself at Nance?" Dustin answers him. I like her nickname.
"That's not what happened." Steve interjects.
"Pretty sure that's what happened. It was public, there were tons of witnesses." Dustin replies.
"Steve you really put yourself out there, you realize that?" I scoff and input. He rolls his eyes at me making me grin.
"You're implying that I still have a thing for Nance?" Steve's asks us.
"Uh duh." I reply.
"No I'm not implying. I'm stating and as it relates to your steadfast refusal to date Robin, it's pretty much the only logical explanation." Dustin says and I laugh.
"Yeah sure date Robin Steve. Pfft, they're platonic as fuck like me and Eddie." I giggle and speak. (Of course I know Robins gay, but others don't.)
"I'm pretty sure Eddie is in love with you." Steve replies.
"No way." I say and hit Steve's shoulder, hard. He gives me an annoyed look and I slouche back into my seat.
"As for Nance. I was just trying to protect a friend Henderson. You too Danny, a friend." Steve says and I get mad.
"Don't call me Danny!" I shout at Steve. Only Billy can call me Danny.
"Geez sorry." Steve says. Then max enters the car, thank god.
"What did she say?" Dustin asks her.
"Nothing just drive." Max replies, but of course Steve doesn't listen.
"Steve drive!" She shouts and he finally leaves.
"I got her keys to her office. Let's go to the school." Max says after we drove for a bit.
"Damn, nice job." I say and hug her side. Suddenly, Lucas chimes in over the walkie talkie. Dustin tells him to meet us at the school.
As soon as we got into the school, Robin and Nancy spoke through the walkie talkie. They said vecnas victims date back to the 50s, which makes no sense. So, we told them to come to the school. Max goes through Ms. Kelley's files and we find Chrissy and Fred's. Turns out they both saw her. I help her lay them out on the desk and we begin to read them. Oh no. I know Max and I experienced the same shock here. I read through the two files, back and forth. My breathe hitched, I pretty much hold my breathe at the realization. 'Symptoms, severe headaches, past trauma, nightmares, nose bleeds and trouble sleeping.' I've had all of them except nosebleeds but Max? Max has been through all of them lately. I caught her nose bleeding at my house just the other day, right after a random headache. I look over at Max, whose sitting down, she seems to be in a trance. All three of us call her name and she quickly comes back. She started to gasp.
"What happened?" I asked her. Robin and Nancy showed up.
"I saw a clock." Max answered me.
"What?" I questioned her and she rushed out to the hallway. We all followed her in curiosity.
"It was so real. And then when I got closer, suddenly I just woke up." She said. I feel so nervous right now. What's going on? She's seeing things that aren't there?
"It's like she was in a trance or something." I say.
"Exactly what Eddie said about Chrissy." Dustin inputs.
"That's not even the bad part." Max said and I looked at her with confusion. Then, she made us go back into Ms. Kelley's office. We all watched her talk, in front of us.
"Fred and Chrissy they both came to see Ms. Kelley for help. They were both having headaches, really bad ones that wouldn't go away. And then, the nightmares, trouble sleeping, they'd wake up in a cold sweat." Max went on. I thought about my experiences. Everytime I say billy, practically as a zombie. Everytime I'd wake up terrified. I thought about the dreams she's described to me as well. "Then, they started seeing things, from their pasts. These visions, they kept on getting worse and worse until eventually everything ended." Max finishes. She looks scared, like she could cry. I get close beside her. This is insane. It's not that I can't comprehend it, it's that I don't want to.
"Vecnas curse." Robin inputs.
"Chrissys headaches started a week ago. Fred's six days ago. I've been having them for five days. I'm not sure about Margos but I don't know how long I have. All I know is that Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision. And I just saw that god damn clock so, looks like I'm dying tomorrow." Max finishes. I softly gasped. This can't be happening.
"No way." I say and shake my head. We connect eyes, her nervous, tearful eyes pierce into mine.
"Wait, Margo you're having the same symptoms?" Robin asked and I nod.
"Everything but the nose bleeds and I haven't seen anything...yet." I answer her. Then, we heard a loud noise. Steve tries to be a hero with a lamp. Stupid stuff that makes me roll my eyes but turns out it was just Lucas. He tries to warn us that Jason and his gang are looking for Eddie. They want him dead. Seriously why? My two best friends are being targeted. I really don't care about myself but I can't lose anyone else. I want to protect them both, how can I?

------