funeral

Margos POV

"God this feels wrong." I say to Billy and Eddie. They're beside me at my funeral. I know everyone imagines yourself being at your funeral after you die but this just feels weird. Kind of like I'm not supposed to be here but technical I am. Billy holds my hand for support so I latch onto his side. I rest my head on his arm and practically wrap my arms around his arm. My mom turned away the chance to say something so Robin stepped up. Seeing her sad made me even more of a wreck. I've rarely seen Robin truly upset.
"Margo would probably kill me if I didn't make anyone speak at her funeral so here I am." Robin spoke and I surprisingly laughed a bit. "Honestly margos probably in a better place. I'll miss her like hell but I uh I just hope she's happy wherever she is. She always wanted to be reunited with Billy so in the most positive sense, I hope they're side by side and happy to be together again. That's really all I have to say. Love you Mar." Robin finished and held her hand on my casket for a moment. She wiped the tears from her face and went back to her spot.
"They'll probably be done soon." I speak up and turn to walk away but then I hear someone speak up. It's Susan, Max's mother.
"Sorry I just thought I'd share as well...um, Margo probably doesn't know how much she helped me in the past. Last summer, after Billy died, Neil... Well let's just say he wasn't the best husband. Margo, she uh, she stood up to him, which made him leave. I think she used to feel bad about that because I went downhill afterwards but she shouldn't have ever felt bad. I should've thanked her everyday after he left but I was too messed up and caught up in my own life. What I'm trying to say is... that Margo helped me live a better life. And she was a good kid. And yeah, she might've changed a bit when Billy died but we all did. She was always a good kid. And if Max was awake to be here then she'd tell you all how she's lost a sister. So I'm pretty much losing a daughter." Susan finished. I definitely starting crying at the beginning of her speech. Susan couldn't help but cry so she went back to her spot. I continued to sob so I hid myself in Billy's embrace. All the sadness just hit me and I had to let it out.

------

I'm glad I went to my funeral. I knew I'd cry, that's been my regular thing since last summer. I always thought that people speaking at a funeral are really for the ones that died, not the ones that are their for that person. And I got to experience that, which was nice. We were all still in Hawkins just admiring the area and the people. I'm still shocked at vecnas damage, I don't know what'll happen next. I decided it was time to ask Eddie about his experience. He hasn't had a funeral yet because they presumed him missing. Robin vouched for me, saying she was a witness in my death. She told them that I fell when the earthquake happened. I left Billy for a moment to talk to Eddie in private. We decided to go to the diner again.
"Do you remember how you died?" I asked Eddie. I knew it had to be from the bats but I just wanted to hear what he had to say about it all.
"Yeah... Those bats got the best of me." Eddie answered.
"Yeah I figured but what else happened?" I asked him.
"Well, uh Dustin tried to get me up so we could go to the hospital but I knew I was dying. I told him some last things I needed to get off of my chest. Just seeing his face as I died kind of stuck with me. I guess he cared for me more than I thought. I actually went to find him and Wayne and well they were together." Eddie answered me. I just listened to him. Part of him was sad but another wanted to talk.
"Why were they together?" I ask.
"Well, Wayne was putting up posters for me missing and Dustin decided to tell him that I died in the earthquake. Guess it was the best way to cover up the real reason why no one can find me. I actually cried with them. Wayne was pretty upset." Eddie replied and sniffled.
"Hey, I know you don't want to cry but it's okay to." I responded and he nodded.
"Thanks Mar." Eddie said and I got up and sat next to him. I wrapped my arms around him. He definitely needed to cry. He ended up holding my waist and crying in my chest. I understand this is all a lot to take in but sooner or later we'll be just fine and completely peaceful.

-------