the real battle

Margos POV

"Shes in. Move on to phase three." Robin tells Dustin over the walkie.
"Copy that. Initiating phase three." Dustin replies.
"Let's hope they hear this." Dustin says and plugs in the speakers.
"Oh they'll hear it." I say beside him.
"Chrissy, this is for you." Eddie says before he starts playing master of puppets. He's always been an amazing guitar player, I'll give him that. I can't help but enjoy this. Billy loved Metallica. I smile at myself as I watch Eddie play.
"Hey maybe you'll want to keep those on." Dustin tells me, signaling to the head phones around my neck.
"He's almost done. Right as he's finished, I'll put them on." I argue with the kid. Dustin shakes his head at me. I don't care though, I want to watch Eddie play and enjoy this moment.
"Eddie! We got to lock down in t minus thirty seconds." Dustin yells at Eddie.

"T minus 20!" Dustin yells. I continue to enjoy Eddie's music.

"T minus 10! 5! 1!" Dustin finishes yelling and we run into the trailer. I toss my headphones on and press play. Dustin and Eddie yell and jump together, I'm guessing at the excitement of playing rock. Eddie gives me a big goofy hug which makes me smile. The boys yell at me over my music.
"Get ready!" Dustin shouts and I nod. We all huddle our backs together in the middle of Eddie's living room. We all have our shields and spears ready as well. Maybe it's best that I can't hear the noise of the bats. They terrified me earlier, I don't need that again. Now, I just have the music in my ears motivating me.
"Seasons don't fear the reaper."
Suddenly, Dustin and Eddie point towards the roof. I'm guessing the bats are on it. I follow the boys to a corner of the room. Unexpectedly, a bat smashes through a hole in the roof. The boys are the first to slam their knifes in it's face, but more try to come in. So, Eddie shoves is shield full of nails onto the ceiling, making it latch on as a cover.
"LA La La La La." My music plays.
Dustin asks if there are any other vents so Eddie runs into his room. Turns out there was another. Many bats swarm into his room, making Eddie quickly close his door. Why didn't we think of the goddamn vents? The bats are trying there hardest to get through his door.
"There's no way that door will hold them all." I tell the boys over my music.
"Let's go let's go! Come on quickly!" Eddie shouts. Dustin hurries and makes it through the portal. I rush in after him. Eddie starts to climb and then stops.
"Valentine is done
Here, but now they're gone
Romeo and Juliet
Are together in eternity" my music plays. Dustin and I look at Eddie.
"Eddie no please!" I yell at him and take my headphones off. He's not coming back. I don't know what he's thinking. He cuts the rope off making it fall.
"Eddie stop stop stop. Eddie what are you doing?" Dustin yells and asks.
"Please, Eddie! Fucking no!" I cry out.
"I'm buying more time." Eddie answers.
"No, Eddie please." Dustin says. And Eddie runs off, away from our sight. I try and pull myself together to stop crying.
"Dustin think fast. We have to get him!" I say and throw my headphones away from me. I try to stack any type of furniture I can to make stairs to the portal, but Dustin stops me. He puts a chair under it and tells me to jump, so I do. It actually worked. I pulled myself through the portal and fell hard on the ground, in the upside down. It hurt like a motherfucker but I made it, just fine. Maybe some bruises but that doesn't matter. I couldn't wait for Dustin, I had to get to Eddie. I started to run out of the trailer. I saw bats swam and chase something from afar, I know it's Eddie. I almost make it to the circle they created around him but then a bad headache started. The pain rang in my ears making me stop running and hold my head. I kneel down to the ground from it hurting so much. I screamed out in pain and see blood dripping on the ground, must be from my nose. Suddenly, everything goes black.

I open my eyes to see bright blue lights ahead of me. I squint from the light above me. I hear fireworks in the distance. I realize I'm laying on the ground. I try to sit up but see that my side is hurt. Everything comes to view. It's like I'm reliving last year, exactly as it was. I'm actually here. It's so real, so vivid. I stand up anyways, even though I'm hurt. I see the mutated monster in front of me. I look to my right to see Billy standing before him. I can't relive this again, I can't do it. I ignore the pain as I go before Billy. The fireworks stopped, meaning they ran out. I'm not even sure if it's really him, really my Billy. I'm not sure how vecna is in both mine and Max's mind or if he's even still in her mind but I can't let this happen again. I smile at Billy and push him away. He surprisingly moves with ease probably from being hurt too (from the fireworks). I face the mutated monster and scream at it like Billy did. This time it got me. It's arms latched into my sides. Over and over and over again, until I'm finally rising up before it. Lastly, I'm struck in the chest. It hurts, it feels real. Everything was the same but this time it's me. Is this real? I question myself. (3:08- don't fear the reaper song) Then, I hear my song play. I don't know how or what from. I don't see vecna anywhere. I don't see anything else except for this monster. No one is around me. Suddenly, flashes from the upside down appear. My vision goes back and forth between me on the ground, outside of the trailer park, to me, dying on the ground at the mall. In both of them I'm dying. Bats are attacking me at the trailer park. I'm lifeless on the ground at the mall. I feel the same either way, in pain. Instantly, I'm faced back to reality. Back to me in the upside down.
"Love of two is one." The music plays.
"You can't kill someone whose already dying." I say and smile to myself, relating to vecna.
"Here, but now they're gone." Bats are still eating at my sides. At this point I can't feel anything at all.
"Came the last night of sadness." I hear the song. I just see bats swarming me in the sky.
"And it was clear she couldn't go on." The song says. The red lighting is actually kind of beautiful.
"Then the door was opened, and the wind appeared." Music continues. If this is how I die, I'm okay.
"The candles blew and then disappeared" the music plays. Maybe I'm in and out of consciousness. All the bats around me fall. I think they're dying.
"The curtains flew and then he appeared" my music sounds. I slightly gasp. I swear I see Billy, he's reaching his hand out for me.
"Saying don't be afraid." Music plays.
I'm not going crazy, am I? All I see is Billy. He looks just fine, like himself.
"Come on baby." I hear the music. Even though I'm currently wearing his jean jacket, he is too.
"And she had no fear." The music is right, I'm not afraid. I grab his hand and feel tears fall down the sides of my face.
"It's okay baby." I hear him say. His voice is music to my ears.
"And she ran to him." The song continues. I don't think it's vecna. I would already be dead. I am already dying here as it is. I softly nod and he slowly disappears.
"Then they started to fly." The song goes on. I turn my head over to see Dustin far away.
"They looked backward and said goodbye." The music says. I don't know where Eddie is but Dustins kneeling on the ground.
"She had become like they are." The song says. I start to cough and I actually feel some pain.
"She had taken his hand." The song plays. It hurts so I stop moving.
"She had become like they are." The song goes on. I exhale out and close my eyes.
"Come on baby. Don't fear the reaper." The song ends.

--------