after?

Margos POV

I find myself in the hallway at school. Why am I here? I remember just dying seconds ago. I look down at my clothes. Same outfit as earlier, I'm just clean and fine. No cuts or bruises or anything. I honestly don't know what to do so I run into the girls bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror, yup just me. I seem okay and myself. I even splash some water on my face, yeah still here. I finish and exit the restroom but get stopped by running into someone. It's my best friend.
"Eddie?" I ask and he just looks at me for a moment. He looks just fine as well. He's in his normal outfit. I guess we stay in the one we died in. He's all healthy and clean.
"I thought I was all alone." He says and rushes me onto a tight hug. I hold him tightly.
"What do you mean alone?" I ask him and let go.
"Well, no one else is here. I think we're dead. Wait did you die?" He asks me.
"You died?" I ask him, accidentally overlapping his question at the end. I nod yes and so does he.
"From the bats." We say at the same time.
"I was going after you but vecna tried to get into my head so I guess the bats got to me." I shrugged and he nods.
"Yeah well the bats got the best of me but I uh guess I saw that coming." He replies and rubs his hand on the back of his neck.
"Well its okay because we're here together." I say and smile at him.
"I'm never getting out of here, am I?" Eddie asks.
"Yeah same here." I sigh, it is pretty sad. We won't get to graduate.
"I'm just worried about everyone back home." He says and I sigh.
"Yeah me too but I saw the bats die." I respond and shrug. "So maybe they won." I finish. I hope Max is okay.
"Yeah maybe." He smiles and wraps his arm around my shoulder.
"Why don't you say we enjoy this time. Here, at the school, with absolutely no one around." He says and I laugh.
"Just about one of your biggest dreams huh? No one around so you can do whatever you'd like?" I ask him as we walk down the hallway.
"Pretty much but I'm glad you're here. I'd go insane alone." He says and I nod.
"So it's not hell then?" I ask Eddie.
"I mean, I don't have all the answers but if you're here, it can't be hell." He replies and I scoff. Then, I shove him away and run off. He chases me as I make my way into the cafeteria. I stop as he catches up to me.
"I've always wanted to see what the kitchen looks like." I say and walk to the back, behind the food walkthrough. It was actually really nice and big.
"It's probably disgusting in real life." I laugh and leave the kitchen. There's something about no one being here that makes this exciting. I actually feel happy, to be exploring with my best friend.
"Maybe we should find the extends of this place." I say to Eddie while we back it back to the hallway.
"Well I've went through every area I possibly could here. There's no one here." He replied.
"Okay, okay but I mean like I wonder if we could go anywhere we want." I say and shrug.
"Maybe but let's stay here for now. Keep exploring." Eddie suggests.
"You really want to stay here?" I ask him.
"Yeah, come on Mar, I have some ideas." He says and pulls me down the halls.
"Fine Eddie." I say, defeated. We walk side by side through the halls.
"Oh let's go in here." Eddie speaks up and pulls me by my hand to go into the gymnasium. I don't think I've ever seen it without people in it. It's nice and huge. Eddie whistles wow as we walk on the wood floors.
"Hello!" Eddie shouts as he cups his hands, making it echo.
"Eddie!" I echo.
"Margo!" He echoes back and I laugh.
"I wonder if we are like immune." I say.
"To what?" He asks me.
"Well we're already dead so we can't die again? Or maybe get hurt?" I ask as I lean on the bleachers behind me.
"What are you implying?" He smugly asks me.
"Well... " I reply as I walk up some steps on the bleachers. "Let's see if I will get hurt." I shrug and give him a goofy smile.
"Hey, maybe let's try it outside? I mean we haven't even see if we can go outside." Eddie suggests.
"Oh good idea." I reply and jump down from the bleachers. I run to the exit and open the doors. Everything looks the same, just normal. I nod for Eddie to follow me and run to the bleachers out on the football field.
"Wait up for me!" Eddie shouts but I ignore him and climb up to the middle of the bleachers.
"Will you just wait please." Eddie says out of exhaustion and I chuckle.
"Why? I'm going to be fine. I bet I won't even have a scratch on my body." I reply as Eddie makes his way up to me. I start to climb over the side railing.
"Just wait Margo god." Eddie says but I continue to cross over the railing. We are pretty high up but it's not terrible. "Maybe I shouldn't do this." I tell Eddie and face him. I'm fully on the other side of the railing, holding onto it. I actually feel fear.
"Yeah maybe you shouldn't." Eddie replies. I start laughing, this is kind of funny. I pull back a little just to feel the adrenaline.
"Careful Margo, we don't know if you'll really get hurt or not, okay?" Eddie says.
"I know, you're right. I can't do this." I let out my last small laugh and try to go back over the railing. I try to get my first leg over but I accidentally hit my foot on the railing. I nudge my body at the quick movement. My hands let loss, I almost got my right hand back on the railing but it slipped, making me fall. I yelp out and close my eyes.
Suddenly, I feel arms around my back. I must've fallen into Eddie's arm. I exhale out and finally open my eyes. (Play- About you by the 1975, if you'd like more effect to your reading 😍 3:03 start time) I was completely taken back by who I'm seeing right now. My eyes gloss with tears. I feel like I can't speak.
"Woah, careful there Danny." Billy tells me. Instantly, I remember dying and seeing Billy. I took his hand and heard him, it really was him.
"Billy?" I choke out. He gives me his famous smile which makes me smile. He sets me down and I immediately ram by body into his. I hug him so tightly. I missed his smell, smile, body and voice so badly. I quietly sob and he rubs my back. He moves me to look at him.
"Is it really you?" I ask him and let out a small sob. He's wearing the same outfit he died in but he's fine and clean of course.
"It's really me baby." He responds and I cry some more. I wasn't a terrible mess but I am indeed crying out of happiness. I lean my forehead on his but he pulls away after a moment. He wipes my tears off of my face with his thumbs as he holds my face.
"I've missed you so much." He tells me and bites his lip. I can tell he's trying not to cry. His eyes are peeking with tears. I wipe one that falls. I finally stop being sad. He's really here with me now and forever. I smile at him and wipe the rest of my face. I put my hand on the side of his face and take in his features. He leans in, making us kiss. It felt like the first time, absolutely perfect. We stop kissing and smile at one another. I never let go of him. I hear Eddie chuckle above us. We both look up to see him leaning against the railing. I smile at him and giggle.
"He kind of set this whole thing up." Billy says so I look back at him.
"What?" I ask and gaze at Eddie for a quick second.
"Yeah I ran into him while I was looking around." Eddie says as he walks down the steps. "I knew you'd be happy and I just wanted you two to have your moment." He finished. I wanted to hug Eddie but I couldn't let go of Billy. This smile will not be leaving my face, not for awhile.

-------