lake

Margos POV

I discussed with Max that I definitely don't think I'm a target. I haven't had nosebleeds or visions. She told me what happened during her trance. It scared me to think she had to go through that. Even if Billy wasn't himself, seeing him would still make me feel slightly better. I couldn't imagine what she went through mentally. I decided I needed to be with Eddie. I beat myself up about not staying with Max but she is okay. I can't keep huddling over her, she'll hate me for it. Nancy was kind enough to let me shower and she even gave me a change of clothes. The jeans were pretty tight since she's more petite than me but they worked. And she almost gave me a pink sweater but I pleaded for a red one and got that instead. So after I changed, Nancy dropped me off at Eddie's. Of course, I brought him food and a six pack, she said he recommended. I accidentally scared him, forgetting he was in hiding. I was happy to see Eddie. I told him everything that has been going on. He was thankful to have me there and so was I. We sat in the boat, facing each other.
"Both of my best friends are being targeted. I don't know what I'll do if one of you leaves too." I said. I was too sad to say the word die.
"I'll try not to." He replies, trying to be funny.
"Did Lucas tell you how Jason and his friends are trying to find you?" I ask Eddie.
"No, when was this?" He asks me. Shit.
"Lucas told us this last night. I guess they won't find you then." I respond and shrug.
"Let's hope not." He replies. God I hope not. "Can you sing something, please? It's too quiet here" He asks me. I notice him anxiously playing with his rings.
"Sure." I say and think of a song. I sing the first one that comes to mind.

"Once I had a love and it was a gas.
Soon turned out had a heart of glass. (I dance to the music, still in the boat. I place my hand on my heart then move my hips back and forth. Then, I gently spin my arms in the air, thinking of the melody.)
Seemed like the real thing, only to find.
Much o'mistrust, love's gone behind... (I step out of the boat and sway.)
Once I had a love and it was divine.
Soon found out I was losing my mind. (I spin my finger around my ear, singling crazy)
It seemed like the real thing, but I was so blind. (I cover my eyes and walk around the boat. Eddie follows me close and laughs at me.)
Much o'mistrust, love's gone behind.
In between... (I grab Eddie's hands and softly dance with him)
What I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine.
Love is so confusing there's no peace of mind. (I wave my hand in the air and tap my own head)
If I fear I'm losing you. it's just no good. (I use the action of saying no with my finger.)
You teasing like you do. (I poke Eddie's chest. Music always makes everything better.) I start to laugh and stop dancing. Eddie hugs me quickly.
"I love you Margo." He says in the hug. It felt like a goodbye, which scared me.
"I love you Ed's. You're like my brother."  I reply, us still hugging. He slowly let's go.
"I'm glad I have someone like you in my life." He says and messes up my hair. I groan and fix it. Then, I shove him back which makes him laugh.
"No way sister, you're getting it." Eddie says but then we hear something.
Suddenly, noises come from outside which startles me. Making me softly gasp, but it was loud between Eddie and I. I heard it before him but he made it to the window ahead of me. We peered out the window to see people inside of ricks house.
"It has to be Jason." I whisper and Eddie nods. I feel pretty scared right now. "What do we do?" I whisper. Eddie tries to walkie Dustin and the gang but no one answers. After many times he gives up.
"Let's wait it out, maybe they won't come over here." He answers me and I nod. Eddie and I sit under the window.
"Do you think they'd actually kill me if they had the chance?" Eddie quietly asks me.
"Yeah I do. You're a freak to them." I answer him.
"I am a freak." He replies.
"Stop." I respond and shake my head.
"Freak means two different things between me and them. I say freak and mean different weirdo who loves to imagine the impossible, right. But no, to them, I'm a monster who is a scary devil worshiper and a murderer." Eddie finishes. I lean my head on the wall behind me and shake my head. The sad thing is that he's right, that's exactly what they think. Can you imagine being in Eddie's position right now? A tear rolls down my cheek as I stare up at the ceiling.
"Hey hey, it's fine." Eddie nudges me and I wipe my tear.
"No, it's not." I respond. "Come on we can't keep hiding." I say and quietly stand up. I keep away from the window and make way to the boat.
"Help me with this, we have to get out of here." I tell Eddie. We let the boat slowly lose from it's traps, making it fall into the water. Eddie helps me in and we start paddling away from the boathouse. Out of nowhere I see Jason and another one of his friends catch us.
"Hey freak, where do you think you're going?" Jason yells at us. They start running to the water and take their clothes off.
"Shit." Eddie mutters.
"You two tag teaming murderers? Huh?" Jason shouts and I groan.
"Dammit." I say and slowly panic. Eddie tries to start the motor to make it run on it's own and it won't. We are not paddling enough to get us out of here. It is not working.
"Come on, you gotta help me out here, man. Come on you piece of shit" He softly screams. Eddie tries a couple more times and nothing works.
"No, okay, all right." He hits it and helps me paddle again. Jason and his friend swim closer to us. Eddie and I panic paddle but they're so close. I don't like this kind of adrenaline.
"Stay back." Eddie says as he stands and swings the oar in their direction. I stand up and help him. Suddenly, Patrick (Jason's friend, I know his name cause he yelled it, many times) went under the water, like something pulled him. Then, he was shot up onto the sky. Eddie started to step back, in front of me, making him knock both of us into the water. The water is so cold. My head rises and I cough up water. I see Patrick's bones snapping cause me to gasp out. This is what Eddie saw, seeing it is unbelievable. A terrible feeling stuck under my gut as I watched him die, in the worst way possible. The noises of his bones cracking were intense. Then, his body fell into the water. This gave Eddie and I a chance to swim away. Eddie had to pull me with him. It was so difficult to see Jason pull the body of his dead friend above the water. Even though I never liked Jason, I still feel bad for him. I can't believe we just witnessed that. I can't have that happen to Max.

------