the plan

Margos POV

"He showed me things that haven't happened. The most awful things." Nancy says. I stand next to Max as she speaks. She explains to us all about what vecna showed her. It scared a deep part inside of me. I thought I wasn't frightened by death but when you're close to it, it's a different story. Nancy looked like she had seen her worst nightmare vividly, maybe she did. She brought up how he showed her, her own family dying. I couldn't imagine that being flashed before my eyes or what I'd do with that knowledge. Is this really going to happen? I looked around me and thought very hard. I don't want my best friend Eddie to be framed for murder. I wish Max wasn't being targeted by vecna and scared that at any moment he'll come for her next. Even with Steve, he got brutally messed up by those bats, I'm surprised he didn't die from that. I could go on and on, no one deserves any of this. And whats next?
"Okay but he's just trying to scare you Nance. Right? I mean it's not real." Steve spoke up.
"Not yet. But there's something else. He showed me gates, four gates spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer. But they didn't stop growing, and this wasn't the upside down Hawkins, it was our Hawkins. Our home." Nancy finishes. I sigh.
"Four chimes. Vecnas clock, it always chimed four times." Max spoke up.
"I heard it too." Nancy replies.
"He's been telling us his plan the whole time." Max finishes.
"Four kills, four gates, end of the world." Lucas inputs. Oh god.
"If that's true, he's only one kill away." Dustin adds on. I groan.
"No way." I shake my head.
"Oh Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ." Eddie mutters. Same Eddie, same. Max tried to call Joyce's house again but no ones picking up. Nancy thinks they might be tied into all of this, it's the only way.
"We have to go back there, back to the upside down." Nancy says.
"Whoa, no, no what?" Steve asks and walks up to her. I throw my hands up in annoyance.
"Nope." Eddie remarks.
"Let's think this through." Steve tells Nancy.
"What's there to think through?" Nancy asks.
"We barely made it out of there." Steve replies.
"Well we wouldn't have gone in if we didn't have to save your ass." I speak up. He looks at me with disgust.
"Oh I'm so sorry that, that thing dragged me in." He replies. I give him attitude, nod and cross my arms.
"We weren't prepared. We'll get weapons and protection, we'll get through the gate, find vecna and kill him. " Nancy says to Steve. God, I don't know how I feel about this.
"Or he'll kill us. The only reason you survived is because he wanted you to. He's not scared of us." Steve interjects.
"And for good reason. We were wrong about vecna, Henry, one. Im sorry what are we calling him now?" Robin asks everyone.
"One." Lucas and Dustin respond. "Vecna." Erica and I reply.
"Henry." Nancy says.
"Right. We learned something new about vecna/Henry/one. He's a number like eleven, only a sick, male, child murdering version of her with really bad skin. But my point is, he's super powerful, could turn us inside out with a snap of his fingers. It's not a fair fight." Robin says.
"Then why fight fair? You're right he's like eleven but that gives us an upper hand. We know elevens strengths and weaknesses." Dustin chimes in. He explains how when eleven goes into her own trance to spy on people, it leaves her completely still, in where she's at. So what he's getting at is that vecna is defenseless while he tries to get in someone's mind, while he's in his attic. Steve inputs about the bats, that protects him. And Dustin says we'll have to find a way to distract them.
"It all sounds good in theory but there is no pattern to vecnas killings. Not one that I can dechiper. We don't know when he's going to attack next. Not even who he's going to attack." Robin says.
"Yeah we do." Max speaks up. I look at her. "I can still feel him. I'm still marked, cursed. I ditch Kate Bush, I draw his focus back to me." Max finishes, I try to speak but Lucas overlaps me.
"No, max. He'll kill you." Lucas inputs.
"I survived before. I can survive again." Max replies.
"No way." I shake my head. "Better me than you. I'm fine with myself being more at risk of death than you." I say but Eddie speaks up.
"No Margo."
"No. Margo, he doesn't want you, he wants me. I'm going to do it. I'll be fine." She tells me but I shake my head. I want to continue to try and stop her plan but I don't know what to say.
"I just need to keep him busy long enough so that you guys can get into the attic. Then you can chop his head off. Stab him in the heart. Blow him up with something Dustin cooks up. I honestly don't care how you put this asshole in his grave, just when you do, try not to miss." Max finishes and I sigh.
"I insist that you keep your headphones on and music playing immediately." Nancy says, takes my bag and smashes it into my hands.
"But it makes me think of Billy when I listen to it." I respond and throw my hand up in defense.
"Obviously in a good way because it saved you from vecna." Nancy replies. I groan in a defeated way. I get my headphones and music ready on my neck.
"Look, I have a place in mind." Eddie stands up and shows us all a paper, around the kitchen table. It's a place called war zone. Where we could get a ton of weapons with no question. And Eddie has an idea to steal a motorhome, oh yay more fun, mark shit off my bucket list. Great. Go into another dimension, check. Hide away with a framed murderer, check. Have a man/monster with superpowers target you and enter your mind, check. Witness death, check check. I could go on and on.

Eddie insisted that he'd clean and cover my bite marks before we left. It gave everyone time to relax for a second. I took off my jacket and sweater, just leaving me in my tank top. I lifted it enough to see the marks. I feel ashamed when I see my scar from last year. Maybe because it reminds me how I couldn't save Billy. Or I'm just a loser.
"That from the fourth?" Eddie asks me as he gets stuff out of the first aid kit.
"Yeah." I answer him and trace it with my finger. The bite marks were right in the middle of my scar. It wasn't a perfect circle but I still call it a circle. Imagine the four claws of the mutated monsters nails tearing a chunk of my flesh. I guess it was my bad anyways, I did try to get out of the way. It kept me alive that is. The bat bites were small, they made two holes in my skin. Some flesh was missing due to me pulling the bat off of me but it's nothing compared to my previous injury.
"Eddie, are you sure we should do this?" I ask him. We're about to patch up my wound, Eddie just got done cleaning it.
"I don't think we have any other choice." Eddie replies and I nod. He covers my wound and I put my sweater and Billy's jacket back on. I'm nervous but I'm ready for this to be over.

Max found a Halloween mask for Eddie so no one sees his face. I don't really know why though, it's pretty clear when he wears his constant hellfire shirt, leather jacket and rings, but oh well. Eddie found an opened window and one by one we all got in. I follow Eddie to the front of the mobile home. I watch him hot wire it, it's pretty intriguing to witness. Steve asks him how he knows how to do this and Eddie explains how his father taught him. I felt bad remembering how shitty his father was. I guess this is something useful though, the one good thing he showed him. As soon as he gets the vehicle started, the owners go ape shit. Steve and Eddie quickly trade places so Steve could drive off. It's was all so sudden. I tripped over someone's leg and fell onto Eddie as Steve sped off. Then, once we were securely on the road, I sat next to Max. I watched the view and listened to my song, on replay.

"Run to the light. Maybe he won't find me there. Find a happy memory and hide in it. Wait Margo." Max says and nudges my shoulder to get my attention.
"I have an idea. If vecna gets to you again. If there's any chance that he even does, hide. Find a good memory and stay there, okay?" She tells me and I nod.
"Is that what you plan on doing?" I ask her.
"Yeah. Any good memory I can think of, I'll hide there." She replies and I smile. Smart girl.
"Max." I said, making her look back at me. I shewed Lucas off so me and her could talk alone.
"I'm sorry you have to do this." I say and she interrupts me.
"I want to." She says.
"I know but, I mean all of it. You had to watch Billy die and now you're reliving it. I'm sorry. You don't deserve any of it." I say.
"I know. But you saw him die too and you're getting punished to." She replies.
"I didn't officially see him die like you did. I saw him get attacked by the monster and fall onto the ground next to me but I didn't see him take his last breathe like you did. And Max, I'm so sorry for that." I respond and end up crying at the end.
"Stop being sorry. It's okay. We're going to be okay. We're in this together." She replies and I immediately hug her. I can't believe she has to go through this alone.
We finally get to war zone. Everyone but Eddie, Lucas, Dustin and myself go in. Dustin and Lucas are talking amongst themselves in a booth so I sit next to Eddie, in the back. We have the curtains guarding the windows so no one can see him.
"God Eddie I'm scared. I hate this, that we have to go through all this shit. And who knows what'll actually happen, even if we have a plan set in place." I say to him and he shrugs.
"I don't know what to expect but I'm going to try my best for everyone here. You all helped me out when I needed it most. And I don't really have anything else better to do since I'm being framed and all, by a monster so." Eddie replies and I smile at him.
"Eddie, what if... What if some--- (Eddie interrupts me) " No Margo. Don't do that. Don't say you're last goodbyes just in case or think of every possible scenario. Just be positive and try. We don't know what will happen." He stops me and I nod. "But yeah I'm scared too." He adds on.
"I know. I thought you were gonna cry back at Max's." I nicely say but he shoves my arm anyways.
"Hey I don't blame you. Hell, I want to cry." I say. He opens his arms out for a big hug and I accept it. Then, the gang comes back inside.
"Your old friends are here." Erica says and everyone comes in, tossing there stuff with them. Yeah please, let's go.

-------