Episode 2: Blending into a New Universe (Intro Scene & Scenes 1-4)

Intro

We start with the same introduction just like in the first episode.

Recaps what happened last time

Intro Scene 1

We begin at Metropolis High. We see Kara, Babs, Karen, Diana, Jessica, and Zee all hanging out with Hal, Barry, Oliver, Carter, and Garth. Harleen then comes over to Babs with a friendly greeting. They both hug each other and begin talking with each other. The girls did mention that there's a new hero in town, and his name is Spider-Man. The guys seem interested in meeting this Spider-Man, but they wouldn't know what they would think of him. Then the school bell rings, which means it's almost class time. As Karen begins to walk, a stranger comes up and asks her where this classroom is. This stranger is then soon to be revealed as Miles Morales.

Title begins here

Scene 1

We go back to the beginning where we are introduced to Miles asking Karen about a classroom he needs to find. "Sorry. I'm new here, and I'm looking for where this classroom is. Can you help me out?" Miles asks Karen. Karen then looks at the paper he is holding, and to her surprise, he's in the same class with her and her friends. 

"Oh, I know where that is. I'm walking over there right now if you would like to tag along," she says. They both walk to the classroom together, and they end up getting to know each other. "Say, I don't think I got your name. Mine is Karen" she tells him. Miles responds with, "I'm Miles. It's nice to meet you, Karen." They both smile at each other and continue to talk. "So where are you originally from?" Karen asks. "I come from Brooklyn" Miles responds. She looks at him questionably because she has never heard of Brooklyn before. 

"Where's Brooklyn? I've never heard of that place" she asks. "It's a city in New York. You've heard of New York?" he replies. Karen shakes her head no. Then she asks, "Why did you move to Metropolis, Miles?" He wasn't sure how to respond to that question. But then he says, "My dad got a nice job offer here, and he took it. He's a policeman back in Brooklyn, and he was about to become chief. But someone else ended up getting that role. So when he heard about how this town needed more police officers, he applied and took the offer." 

Karen was a little suspicious when he first said that since Metropolis has some cops. "You know, your voice sounds familiar," she said to Miles. "Have we met before?" Miles tells her, "We probably have met, but I'm not sure." She shrugged at him, and they then continued to walk to class together.

Scene 2

We are inside a chemistry room. We see Kara, Babs, Zee, Jessica, Karen, Diana, Hal, Garth, Barry, Oliver, Carter, Harleen, Selina, Carol, Pam, Doris, Leslie and Miles in the class. The Science teacher isn't in today, so Mr. Chaplin is substituting for today. 

"Ok students, your teacher isn't in, so I'm going to be subbing for today. Your teacher asks you to continue working where you left off with your partners. So go ahead and pair up" Mr. Chapin says to the class. Everyone then pairs up with their original lab partners, except for Hal and Miles who don't have partners. 

"Uh, Mr. Chapin, my lab partner isn't here today," Hal said. Mr. Chapin then looks at Hal and begins to scan the room. "Does anyone not have a partner and would like to pair up with Hal?" Mr. Chapin asks. Carol then goes over to Hal and says, "He could be my partner if he doesn't have one." Hal then looks at Carol with some fear in his eyes, but Selina drags her back to the table and lets Mr. Chapin know that she and Carol are partners. That's when Miles raises his hand and says, "He could be my partner." Hal looks at Miles. "And you are?" Mr. Chapin asks. Miles introduces himself. "Oh, right," Mr. Chapin said. "You're the new student I spoke with today. Go ahead and partner up with Hal, then." Miles walks over to Hal. Hal gives him a smile saying, "Thanks."