Episode 4: My Friend, Hal (Scenes 14 & 15)

Scene 14

After a long silence, Hal begins to speak. "Miles, you're Spider-Man?" Hal asks. Miles said yes. "How can you not tell me this?" Hal asked. Miles wasn't sure how to respond. "I wanted to tell you today at the bleachers," Miles said. "But I overheard what you said about how Spider-Man was a menace. I was scared to tell you, and I wasn't sure what you would think of me if I did tell you."

Hal remembered what he said to Barry. "Oh, you heard that?" Hal asked. Miles nodded yes. "There's more that I didn't mention also," Miles said. "I'm not from this universe. I'm from another universe." Hal was shocked to hear this. "Another universe?" he said. "That explains a lot. But you lied to me."

Hal wasn't in a good mood. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Hal asked. Miles responded with another question. "Well, why didn't you tell me you were Green Lantern?" he asked. "Was it because you thought I was a normal person without any powers? Because that's what I thought when I met you. Plus, it would have been better if people didn't know, but others knew, and I need help to save our friends and-"

Hal interrupts him. "Our friends?" Hal asked. "Do they know?" Miles tells him that Jessica and her friends knew, along with Hal's friends. Hal looked down in dismay. "So everyone else knew but me?" Hal said. "I don't know what to say, Miles. I thought you were this original person, but instead, you're like me. I just can't believe this. I just don't know if I can even trust you."

Hal starts to walk away from Miles in anger. Before he continued walking, Miles said something that got Hal thinking. "So you're just gonna walk away like our friendship meant nothing to you?" Miles asked. Hal stopped walking. "Let me tell you this, Hal, I can get past the lying about being a hero, but I won't get past this if you walk away," Miles said. "When I first arrived here, I didn't have that many friends on my Earth. I was afraid of meeting new people here because I never had a good friend back home. Until I met you. You changed my life for the better. I felt like you were my only friend that I had, and I never wanted to lose that friendship."

Hal turns around and looks at Miles somber. "Look, I know I lied to you, and I should have told you from the beginning," Miles continued. "But I didn't think you would have understood any of this. I know it's a lot, but it's the truth." Miles tells Hal about how his uncle died. "When I found out my uncle was working for this villain, I had to show him who I was under that mask," he said. "My uncle knew what he did was wrong, and he had to pay the price. Instead of killing me, he put my mask back on and backed out. It cost him his life. I didn't want that same thing to happen."

Hal looks at Miles as a way of understanding the things he'd been through. He doesn't know whether to trust Miles or not. Miles puts his mask back on. "Look, I gotta save my friends before something terrible happens," Miles said. "If you want to join me, we can do this together, but if you want to leave me and not help, that's fine too, and if you don't want to hang out with me afterward, then I'll leave you be. But just ask yourself this: Is it worth ruining our friendship?" Miles launches a web out of his arm and heads up to a building. Hal watches him go to LexCorp Tower. As he watches, he thinks about what Miles said to him. "Is it worth ruining our friendship?" he thought.

Scene 15

Back at LexCorp Tower, everyone was still inside their glass container. Supergirl was getting weaker from the kryptonite. Batgirl tries hard to escape, but can't. "It's no use, Batgirl," The Flash said. "I can't phase out or break the glass. They have a power dampener on them." Batgirl stopped breaking out and sat down in misery.