Episode 2: Blending into a New Universe (Scenes 5-8)

Scene 5

On day 2 of being adjusted to a new universe, Miles is heading back to Metropolis High. He seems to have taken a liking to this place. It's not like Visions where you stay in a dorm room. It's just like a regular high school. Miles had thought that there was a reason he was brought here. Maybe it's so he can be just himself without having to be his superhero ego Spider-Man. Maybe there was more to life than just being the hero. As he was walking, he had a smile on his face. The first day that he made some new friends was what he needed. Having Hal as a friend was great. He wasn't as smart as Miles was, but Hal cared for Miles. That's what he needed in life. Was a friend who didn't have any superpowers of any kind. But what Miles doesn't know is that Hal is a superhero just like him. 

For today, he was waiting for Hal by the front entrance of Metropolis High. He was hoping to talk with Hal. Karen shows up and says hi to Miles. He was shocked at first when Karen showed up, but he waved hello back. She then walks up to him and asks, "You waiting for someone?" Miles tells her that he is waiting for Hal. Karen was shocked by this. "Oh. Well, Hal usually goes through the back entrance," she said. "Since he parks by the football field." Miles was annoyed that he didn't know about that. Guess he'll have to remember that for next time. "Well, since I'm already here, would you mind walking with me today?" he asked. Karen was excited and agreed to walk with him. 

As they walk, Karen begins to ask "So how was your first day at Metropolis High, Miles?" He wasn't sure how to respond to that question. He thought about it at first because he wasn't sure how to feel. "It was great," he said back. "I've never been to a school like this before. The last place I was back in Brooklyn was different compared to this. I had my dorm room back then, there wasn't much of a football field of any kind, and I didn't make a lot of friends there. But here, it's all different. I've even made some great friends here." Karen was worried at first because of what he had said beforehand but then was delighted to hear that he had a great first day. "Yeah. My friends and I saw you hanging out with our friend Hal" she told Miles. Miles then responds with "You know Hal?" Karen says, "Yeah. I've known him for a while now. He's been part of my friend group since we've been here." Miles looked at her with a smile.

"So did Hal ask you to join any sports?" she continued to ask. "Hal did say he would like to challenge me one-on-one to basketball at some time, so I'm guessing that he might want me to join the team," he said. They both laughed at that and continued walking to school together.

 Inside Metropolis High, the students are getting ready for their classes. Since the bell hadn't rung yet, Karen had thought that it would be a great idea to introduce Miles to her friends. "Hey Miles, would you be interested in meeting my friends by any chance?" she asks him. Miles of course knew that he should meet some more people since he's probably going to be here for a while, so he went along with Karen.

Scene 6

We see Kara, Jessica, Babs, Zee, and Diana all by the lockers chatting with each other. Karen and Miles then walk up to them, and Karen introduces Miles. "Girls, I'd like to introduce you to my new friend, Miles," she says with excitement. Miles then greets everyone with a friendly wave. Kara was the first to introduce herself to him. "So, this is the new best friend to Hal Jordan, huh?" Kara said in a joking matter. "Well, I wish you the best of luck with dealing with him." Everyone except for Miles was giving her a disapproving look. "But in all seriousness, it's nice to meet you. I'm Kara Danvers." She then pulls out her hand for a handshake. Miles pulls out his. "It's nice to meet you, Kara," he said. 

Babs soon then runs up to him. "Hal's talked a lot about you, Miles," Babs said with excitement. "Hal's also told us that you would challenge him in a game of basketball." Miles looks at Karen as saying that he was right about before. "Well, I haven't played in a long time. So I don't know if that is going to happen. I don't even know what I will be doing here," Miles said. Zee then chimes in on the conversation. "Well Miles, there's plenty to do here. You just need to find the one that fits you," she said, but then realized that she hadn't introduced herself. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Zee Zatara." Then Babs realized that she hadn't introduced herself. "I'm Barbara Gordon, but my friends call me Babs," she said to Miles.