Episode 4: My Friend, Hal (Scenes 19 & 20)

Scene 19

Everyone is out of their superhero suits and is celebrating a victory at the bunker after escaping from an explosion. "Our victory today was a struggle, but in the end, we all pulled through," Diana said. "Miles, thanks to your knowledge and bravery, we were able to stop Lex from creating a machine that could destroy the fabric of the universe as we know of." Miles thanked Diana. "But that doesn't mean it's over yet," Miles said. "He and Doc Oc could come back and build the collider again, but when that happens, we will be ready." Everyone nods in agreement.

After celebrating, Hal goes to Miles to apologize from before. "Miles, our friendship means the world to me," Hal said. "I don't care if you lied because I understand why you kept your identity hidden. I'm just glad to have you as a friend." Miles smiled and fist-bumped him. "Hal, I'm sorry too," Miles said. "I should have told you from the beginning about my identity, and I shouldn't be keeping secrets from you. From this point on, I want no more secrets between us. Deal?" Miles pulls out his hand for a shake. Hal grabs it and shakes it. "Deal, bud," Hal said. Everyone was happy to see Hal and Miles getting along better than before.

Garth asks if Miles is going to be staying for a while to help out around the city as Spider-Man before he goes home. "Well, without the part I need," Miles said. "I can't get home yet. So I guess I'll be here for a while."

That's when Kara gets a call from her cousin. "It's Kal," Kara said. "I'd better take this. I'm not sure what it's about, though. Maybe it's for the part we need. I'll let you know what happens when I'm done." She goes to the other room and answers. Miles was hoping for good news. But now that he knows how Doc Oc got here, and that Lex Luthor knows how to build a collider, he needs to stay here until he can figure out how to fix all of this.

But something was bugging him. He asked himself: "How did Doc Oc get here even though Lex Luthor didn't know what a collider was?" Could someone possibly have shown Lex Luthor how to make the collider? Or did Lex meet Doc Oc before? His head was filled with questions he didn't have the answers to.

Kara comes back into the room after her call. "Miles, I've got good news and great news," Kara said. "The good news is that I won't have to explain to you the consequences of multidimensional travel since you've known about it already." She laughs to herself after saying that. No one else laughed though. "But in all seriousness," she continued. "the great news is that Kal is going to give us the part you need. Your friends from your universe can find you." This put a big smile on Miles. "Kara, thank you so much for your help," he said. "I owe you and your cousin big for this." Kara gives him a soft smile and fist-bumps him. "I gotta tell Gwen this," he said. "She'll be happy to hear the great news." He grabs his watch and heads into the other room. Everyone is in a good mood from what was going on. "Miles," Diana shouted. "You should tell her about the collider and everything that happened today also." Miles nodded in agreement. He continues to walk to the other room. Hal notices that some things are lying around. This is what Miles was given. Hal must've realized Miles was living here. He gets up to join Miles in the other room.

Scene 20

In the other room, Miles is communicating with Gwen. She picks up. The first thing he tells her is about Lex Luthor having a collider. She was shocked to hear this. "Wait a second, this guy has a collider of his own?" she asks. Miles told her about everything that happened. He was asking himself how did Lex manage to make a collider without the technology, or the knowledge. "My guess is someone must have told him about the collider," Miles said, "and that someone must have brought Doc Oc to this universe. But who could've done this?" Gwen didn't have an answer to his question.

"All of this is strange, Miles," Gwen said. "But I'm glad you and your friends stopped Lex from using the collider. Just keep an eye out if he continues to use it again, or rebuilds." Miles said he and everyone else will keep their eyes out.

"On the other news," Miles continued. "The tracker can finally be completed. We got the part that we need, and you can finally find me. I can get back home soon." Gwen wasn't confident on the other line. "Miles, I did some checking, and there's a problem," she said. Miles asks, "What's the problem?" She tells him that even though the tracking chip is complete, there's a chance he might not get back home. For all that she knows, he's going to be stuck in that universe for a while. Miles wasn't glad to hear about this. He gives her advice.

"Gwen, I wouldn't give up on you, like you didn't give up on me," he said. "I know you can reach me. You can't give up. Not yet. You need to keep trying, no matter what. That's what Spider-Man does." Gwen didn't feel as confident from Miles's speech, but she still had hope for reaching him. "Alright," she said. "I'll keep trying no matter what. If anything happens, let me know. Ok?" He agrees with this and they hang up.

Hal overheard everything from the other side. He walks over to Miles to make him feel better. "Hey," he said. Miles looks at him and says, "Hey, Hal. Guess you overheard everything?" He responds, "Yeah. You alright?" Miles wasn't sure how to feel. He didn't want Gwen to give up on him, but he felt like she had given up.

"I'm not sure how to feel right now," Miles said. "I know Gwen wouldn't give up on me, but it feels like she has." Hal asked if Gwen was his girlfriend, which was a complicated relationship for Hal. Miles said yes.

"No wonder why you said it was complicated," Hal said. He wanted to try to make Miles feel better, but that didn't work. "Look, I may not understand anything of the Multiverse," Hal said. "But what I can tell you is that she won't give up. She may sound less confident, but she wouldn't give up on you. Just like none of us here would give up on you. You're more than a friend to us, you're like family, and we always help ours. Miles, if you're going to be here forever, you're more than welcome to hang with us." Miles felt better from hearing this.

"Thanks, Hal," Miles said. "You are a great friend, and I thank everyone here for giving me a place to stay." Hal goes to his next point. "I was about to ask you this next," he said. "Do you have a place to stay?" Miles told him he was living in the bunker. "I thought you were living here," Hal said. He told him he saw things lying around. "While this is a great spot to be, I think you should be somewhere better," Hal said.

Miles had a feeling about where Hal was going with this. "Hal, are you asking me to move in with you?" Miles asks. Hal shook his head yes. "Look, I still feel bad for what happened before, with our fight," Hal said. "So I figured that you would want to move in with me. I don't think this place would be a good fit for you. It's very cramped in here and I feel like you would do better in a house. Plus, I don't have a roommate, and I feel like you and I would be great roommates." Miles liked the idea.

"So what do you say, Miles? Would you want to be roommates?" Hal asks. Miles had thought about it, and Hal was right. He was doing fine in the bunker, but he really needed more of a house to live in. "You know what," Miles said, "I'd be happy to be your roommate." Hal smiles and gives him a bro hug. Miles returns the favor.

After their bro hug, Miles's spider-sense starts to go off. "What's wrong, Miles?" Hal asked. Miles said his spider senses were tingling. "Someone is watching us, and I have a feeling as to who," he said. Miles scans around to find Jessica watching them. She was caught off guard. "Jess, are you spying on us again?" he asks her. Hal goes, "Again? What do you mean again?" Miles told him that she was spying on them on Friday. "Jess, really?" Hal said. Jessica in embarrassment confessed that she was watching Hal and Miles get along. Hal was happy to hear this but was also not happy to hear Jessica was spying on them.

"So you're going to move out of the bunker, Miles?" Jessica asks. Miles nods his head yes. Jessica was happy to hear this. "Hal, would you mind if I help Miles get settled in his new place?" she asks him. Hal doesn't mind at all. She gives a warm smile to both of them.